Help toothache !!

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
Dee
Longlasting Laner

Help toothache !!

Post by Dee »

My grown up son has raging toothache , he cant get to see an emergency dentist untill tomorrow.
Has anyone any ideas how to help with the pain till then, has had all the usual pain killers and now trying oil of cloves but to no avail.
Any ideas would be much appreciated
Dee
Homemade
Legendary Laner

Re: Help toothache !!

Post by Homemade »

He can take paracetamol every 4 hours and ibuprophen every 4 hours alternating the types so that he has something every 2 hours. Hope that makes sense. That is safe and is what a doctor told me to do.
I sympathise. My 13 year old had terrible problems with abcesses and because it is your teeth accident and emergency will not give any treatment even if it is obvious that antibiotics are needed, it makes me very cross.
Oil of cloves is good if the cause of pain is a cavity but doesn't do much for an abcess. Try a heated wheat bag or hot compress on the side of the face.
{hug} and >gl<
Quand je serai vieille je vais vivre en France
Sunny Clucker, she came, she saw, she moved on!
Dee
Longlasting Laner

Post by Dee »

Thanks for your replys, will do the aternating, he seems a little better now .
He is 27 but looked like a little boy when he was in pain....or was that just my imagination !!lol
stace
Legendary Laner

Post by stace »

Nothing worse than toothache Dee, and as they are full of nerves the more agitated he is the worse he will feel, try using a water bottle for when he goes to bed, it does help , then he can lay his face on it (if you have one) i hope he gets it sorted tomorrow
Bev xx

http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
Babycakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Babycakes »

Dee, my OH has toothache this evening too. He took 2 dissolvable paracetamol so he could swirl it round the tooth before swallowing, He swears this helps numb the pain much quicker than normal tablets.
Waiting to welcome Sunny Clucker to Northern Ireland!
AL37
Admin Moderator

Post by AL37 »

Did he get it sorted Dee?
[center]Relax, I could have been a twin.[/center]