Liv has a rash

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
Sara

Re: Liv has a rash

Post by Sara »

Thanks for that link Stace )t'
It sounds about right. Im not sure what she has been imunised against as they are all in french.... And i cant read my doctors handwriting!!
I have just looked up images of both roseole and german measles and to be honest it looks more like german measles. Her temp only started to rise on sunday and i dont remember her having a high temp before the rash came out... Im confused!!! We have a doctors appointment this evening so hopefully he will have another look... and know what it is. Marc said that last time he saw her, the rash had only just come out so may have made it more difficult to diagnose? confused>
Her temp is slightly down this morning , but the rash is angrier, and shes going mad wanting to scratch..... Poor baby.
[center]Happy to have shown Titchy Clucker a little corner of France[/center]

Sara XxX
wendy

Post by wendy »

As far as I remember german measles doesn't itch.
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Sara

Post by Sara »

Ah ok. confused>

I have just been on a calomine lotion hunt..... Went to the pharmacy and asked, showed them a print out of ingreadients, translation ect.... Never heard of it. }hairout{ Now ordered from a friend in england..... Should be here within a few days... Hopefully we wont need it by then!

Sara XxX
Babycakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Babycakes »

Poor little Liv - and poor mummy, I'd be in the looney bin by now!! Could you get some pure aloe vera gel while you;re waiting?? It needs to be at least 99% pure gel, not a moisturising cream or anything like that, I always have a tube for Grace and have used it on everything from nappy rash (big ooozy blisters when teething yike* ) to burns (Stepson is a bit clumsy, now I fill his hot water bottle) to that horrible uncontrolable preggy itching. Works a treat on all of them, and is all natural.
Waiting to welcome Sunny Clucker to Northern Ireland!
Bollybarb
Legendary Laner

Post by Bollybarb »

My darling daughter had a rash similar to that and i thought it was measles, took her to the gp (made a fuss about going in as i didn't want to expose pregnant ladies to it) had test done, kept her isolated and it wasn't just a viral thing. Measles in the UK is a notifiable dieases, ie regional health authoriys need to know about it and know if there are 'clusters'. Are any of her friends ill?

Hope she's feeling better in her self, and you are too big {hug}
I have chickens Blaze, Star and Comet, who have met Sunny Clucker in Cheshire :-)
I'm training to be a midwife!!!!!
Sara

Post by Sara »

Looks like that cabin fever could be on its way.......... Doctors verdict is that she has scarlett fever and is very contaigeous, and so must be kept in away from other children untill the rash has completly gone...
I have antibiotics so that should help clear it up, And a sirop that is supposed to stop the itching. :?

At least i know what it is and have a treatment for it. She is happier in herself which i take as a good sign. Im off to read up about it!!!! ^b:

Sara XxX
Totally Scrambled
Site Admin

Post by Totally Scrambled »

Morning Sara,
Glad to hear you now know what it is. It's less stressful when you know what you have to worry about than it is worrying about what it might be.
Hope Liv gets better soon.
Dom
Ali Woks My World
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

Glad you finally know what it is. At least you now know what you're dealing with and how long you're going to be stuck indoors for }hairout{

Big hugs to you both from Aunty Lucy {hug} {hug&kiss}

Lucy x
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
wendy

Post by wendy »

Never thought of that one, you hear of it so rarely nowadays. Well now you know, now it can be treated and Liv gets better.
{hug} from me too
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Sara

Post by Sara »

Thanks for the hugs and advice everyone.... {hug}

As you say Wendy, Now we know what it is, she has a course of antibiotics and will get better, hopefully with no side effects or real problems.
Seems like a weight has been lifted :-D

Sara XxX
Bollybarb
Legendary Laner

Post by Bollybarb »

It's great that you know what it is.
We can help with the cabin fever just pop online :-D ( it's hard i know {hug} )
I have chickens Blaze, Star and Comet, who have met Sunny Clucker in Cheshire :-)
I'm training to be a midwife!!!!!
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Well that took a while to find out didn't it! Please it is being sorted - as Wendy says, you don't hear of it much these days.

Hope poor little Liv feels better soon. :-D
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
stace
Legendary Laner

Post by stace »

Sara glad your mind is at peace, at least you can now start making her better {hug}
Bev xx

http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
Homemade
Legendary Laner

Post by Homemade »

Wow scarlet fever. Thats unusual. Glad it can be dealt with by antibiotics these days. Any idea where she caught it from ? Hope you and Marc will be ok.
Lots of love to you all.
Quand je serai vieille je vais vivre en France
Sunny Clucker, she came, she saw, she moved on!
bluebell
Legendary Laner

Post by bluebell »

Hope Liv is starting to feel better soon, Sara. Haven't heard of anyone getting that for years! Well at least you now know what she has and that's half the battle won when you know what you are up against.

Love to you all! )t'
http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Helping to give ex-battery hens a fresh start!

http://thevintagebelles.blogspot.co.uk/