Only arthritis!

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
Mallard
Legendary Laner

Re: Only arthritis!

Post by Mallard »

Thanks p.penn. )t'
I do eat a fairly balanced diet, having lost five stone over two years!
I see they even advise agaist tomatoes, a 'superfood'! I won't take supplements, prefer to get my vitamins and minerals from fresh fruit and veg.
There is another fruit like rhubarb containing oxalic acid that most of us like. Strawberries! yike*
I'd like to live as a poor man with lots of money.
- Pablo Picasso
rubyhen
Lively Laner

Post by rubyhen »

Hi Mal

I have a 'roving' type of arthritis. At the moment it is in my elbow. Perhaps we could come to some sort of arrangement? I tread the fork in and you lift it out?!

I have fish oil and ignore anything about alcohol in moderation Got to have some joy in life!

Take care

Ruby :-D
5 hens: Keira, Dot, Beryl, Kylie and Magda.
RIP: Ruby, Ginger, Tilly, Meg and Phyllis.
Mallard
Legendary Laner

Post by Mallard »

rubthen wrote:
I have a 'roving' type of arthritis. At the moment it is in my elbow. Perhaps we could come to some sort of arrangement? I tread the fork in and you lift it out?!

Yeh, mine tends to move around. I'm ok with the digging, but I could do with someone to keep bending and picking out the weeds!
Life without alcohol; yike* my dad told me years ago, when your doctor tells you to stop drinking you know its time to change your doctor! )grin2(
- Pablo Picasso
rubyhen
Lively Laner

Post by rubyhen »

My doc told me I would only be classified as an alcoholic if I drank more than him!

Roob :-D
5 hens: Keira, Dot, Beryl, Kylie and Magda.
RIP: Ruby, Ginger, Tilly, Meg and Phyllis.
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

{rofwl}
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
AL37
Admin Moderator

Post by AL37 »

Roob, Can you please send me the details of your Doc )t' Think I will move into his catchment area {rofwl}
[center]Relax, I could have been a twin.[/center]
Mallard
Legendary Laner

Post by Mallard »

Went back today because the doc sent me for blood tests for my usual blood pressure medication. The tests came out ok he said, but.... I have hypothyroidism! An under active thyroid, which explains why, although I'm on a diet, I've put weight on and why I fall asleep at the puter! Easily sorted, just takes me up to ten tablets a day! yike*
- Pablo Picasso
wendy

Post by wendy »

Phew. Not nice to have but fortunate that you have found out. Mallard.

My friend, who is into homoeopathy, has suggested Rhus.tox 30c for arthritis.
I think I will get some and give it a try. She is brilliant for medication for the dogs. Whats good enough for them, will do for me !
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Homemade
Legendary Laner

Post by Homemade »

Miracle pills, thyroid replacement - weight loss, anti depressant, more energy, softer skin, glossier hair--- I want some. Plus its really frugal because it is free on prescription and gives you all your other dr-ugs free too )t'
Seriously it is good that you have found out because all those things will have been going wrong without the tyroxin. Although looking at all your activity on the lottie you may be going into overdrive once the pills kick in :-D
Quand je serai vieille je vais vivre en France
Sunny Clucker, she came, she saw, she moved on!
roddelmae
Longlasting Laner

Post by roddelmae »

Irene has had an under-active thyroid for years. It was a blessing in disguise because, as Homemade says, it does qualify you for free prescritions as it's a condition that will be with you forever, and because of that you get an exemption certificate.
This saved us a lot of money prior to Irene's 60'th birthday, as she was also on a lot of other medication.
What level are you on Mallard? Irene is on 175mg per day (Levothyroxin) at the moment, but it changes occasionally subject to periodical blood tests
What's right with this country is the freedom to discuss what's wrong with it.
Steve the Gas

Post by Steve the Gas »

I had a free sample of artro silium thru the post, don't know how they got me?
Perhaps 'cos I have sciatica 24/7, used it a few times - can't tell if it works - but I can tell you......... it stinks yike*
Anybody use it ? Does it work for you?
Mallard
Legendary Laner

Post by Mallard »

roddelmae wrote:Irene has had an under-active thyroid for years. It was a blessing in disguise because, as Homemade says, it does qualify you for free prescritions as it's a condition that will be with you forever, and because of that you get an exemption certificate.
This saved us a lot of money prior to Irene's 60'th birthday, as she was also on a lot of other medication.
What level are you on Mallard? Irene is on 175mg per day (Levothyroxin) at the moment, but it changes occasionally subject to periodical blood tests

I'm over 60, but I've had free prescriptions for a long while due to another problem! :oops:
Doc's started me on 50mg a day (Levothyroxin) and I get another blood test in March.
Too late for the shiny hair bit though! )grin2(
- Pablo Picasso
roddelmae
Longlasting Laner

Post by roddelmae »

Mallard, it will take a while to find the correct level for you with a series of blood tests, and even then it will not stay the same.
It seems that six-monthly blood tests are the norm to monitor the level required,but if you find symptons rearing their ugly heads in between, then ask for an intermediate check.
What's right with this country is the freedom to discuss what's wrong with it.
Mallard
Legendary Laner

Post by Mallard »

roddelmae wrote:Mallard, it will take a while to find the correct level for you with a series of blood tests, and even then it will not stay the same.
It seems that six-monthly blood tests are the norm to monitor the level required,but if you find symptons rearing their ugly heads in between, then ask for an intermediate check.

I'll bear that in mind, thanks! )t'
- Pablo Picasso
Homemade
Legendary Laner

Post by Homemade »

Glad they found out while you ony need a low dose Mallard. Hubby had been suffering without going to the dr. for years. When he eventually had a blood test his thyroid had all but stopped, he is on 200 a day now. Like you there is little hope for his hair but all the rest has worked )t' ( although the weight is still hard to shift). As we have a while to go before free prescriptions it is saving us a fortune for his other medication- I don't know how we would have coped otherwise.
Quand je serai vieille je vais vivre en France
Sunny Clucker, she came, she saw, she moved on!