heart burn/ indigestion

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
wendy

Re: heart burn/ indigestion

Post by wendy »

He must go to the Doctor, it could be a hiatus hernia.
I have had an ulcer and I didn't get that as a symptom, doesn't mean to say it isn't. But to get it that often needs to be looked at, safe than sorry as the saying goes.

Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Babycakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Babycakes »

He does need to see a doctor, heartburn is one thing, but to be unable to sleep on one side is not normal!
I suffered from it quite badly when pregnant with Grace but it was never that bad. In the meantime, try to get him onto ordinary rennies - they are recommended for us preggy ladies so they cant be too bad, I'm popping them like smarties some days too. Another remedy is peppermint cordial. Absolutely vile to drink it neat, but it really does work!
Waiting to welcome Sunny Clucker to Northern Ireland!
perchy

Post by perchy »

Does he get a change in voice at all/ my OH use to almost lose his voice at times, and become hoarse, not all the time, but didn't have the burning, which is very painful, he had investigations whereby a tube was put up his nose and down into his throat and he had actually burnt his vocal chords, he was diagnosed with silent reflux, (acid reflux with no burning pain) he now takes medication for it and is right as rain, your BF should go to the Dr's, taking indigestion remedies frequently like he is will not do him any good, my OH also had a list of foodstuffs to avoid, tomatoes, vinegar,pickles etc all of which he loves }hairout{
Babycakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Babycakes »

I'm not sure Jen, I've only ever had it in pubs :oops:
but I'm sure you could track it down somewhere, maybe health food shops or something?
I'll keep an eye open and let you know if I find any
Waiting to welcome Sunny Clucker to Northern Ireland!
wendy

Post by wendy »

Spencer has it also, Perchy. His is a hiatus hernia. He doesn't have to take ranitidine every day. Only when he has really spicy foods. So he will be taking it tonight as we are off for an Indian meal :-D
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
perchy

Post by perchy »

OH takes it everyday, the hoarseness of the voice was quite weird, he must have told the Dr's 10 times, but after the investigation seeing the vocal chords charred was proof enough for them, we are both just so relieved they finally made a diagnosis, it took a long time for the Dr's to agree on the diagnosis, he's really well now thank goodness, but has in the past been quite debilitating, but because he didn't get the burning was harder to confirm, so they say...........

Enjoy curry and take medication!!
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Jen , peppermint tea is also good. )t'
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

Sympathies to your b/f - I have had acid reflux since the last baby was born (he is 18 this year yike* ) and have been taking Omeprazole which cuts down production of stomach acid, for about the last 10 years. Then at the start of last December I felt like I had a lump in my throat, whisked off to ENT and he said it was silent reflux - painful but not acidy. I was advised to double up and take another pill later in the day. Went back a couple of weeks ago as still getting painful spasms, and feel like I have something stuck in my throat all the time, GP changed to different medication, but I still have it. Next step is endoscopy where they stick a camera down your throat into your stomach yike* yike*

Get your b/f to the docs, better to cure it now than for it to go on and on :?

In the meantime Gaviscon is brilliant for acid and the pain )t'
perchy

Post by perchy »

That was something I forgot, he also felt like he had a lump in his throat, hope you are now feeling better take care :-D
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

Jen I have had a little camera that goes down your nose, you have to sniff then it goes to you throat yike*

The endoscopy is a bigger camera that goes into your stomach (I think) and they have to sedate you to have it done :?

It is pretty uncomfortable a lot of the time, like my throat is in spasm, I am just going to have a glass of chilled white wine as this really soothes it - honest {rofwl}
perchy

Post by perchy »

Australian, if your Boyfriend Australian? at least you have finally got him to the Dr's, I don't think the foot long thingy is pleasant, but he will have some sedation, lets hope he doesn't have to have that. Nodules are quite common so don't worry too much )t'
perchy

Post by perchy »

Have you been to Australia? {rofwl} am glad nearly sorted, does he drink Australian beer, eat kangaroo or own a koala bear? sorry getting silly now, good luck Jen )t' hope the antibiotics work quick
Totally Scrambled
Site Admin

Post by Totally Scrambled »

Perchy,
I'm suprised you didn't ask if he was big down under. Your slipping girl. :-D
Dom
Ali Woks My World
perchy

Post by perchy »

Totally Scrambled wrote:Perchy,