Root Canal... OOOWWW!!!

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
Mad Chick

Root Canal... OOOWWW!!!

Post by Mad Chick »

I had to go back to the dentist today after my abscess last week. He had said I'd need a root canal which to be honest scared the hell out of me (it takes me the whole year to pluck up the courage to go back for my next check-up). I thought that today, they'd just be taking x-rays in preparation for it, but no, he thought he may as well get on with it yike*

OMG!!! How much do those injections in your gums hurt? At one point I thought the end of the syringe was going to come out of my eyeball. It was a truly horrific experience that will have to be almost repeated in three weeks as he needs to clean it out a bit more and replace the temporary filling he put in today {cry} And now that he's 'fixed' it, my tooth hurts more than ever }hairout{

He really is a very lovely dentist (for a dentist :oops: ) but I would really rather not go back again )gr:

Lucy x
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
Hilly Bean
Lively Laner

Re: Root Canal... OOOWWW!!!

Post by Hilly Bean »

Mad chick, you should try treatment under sedation, I recommend it. You have an injection into the back of your hand ( which I have never felt) and then you are away with the fairies! Apparently you are not knocked out as in an anesthetic but you are unaware of what is going on. I have had treatment like this about three times, and I am normally very anti dr-ugs for anything. I had this on the NHS.
Come and see me Sunny Clucker baby up the road from Dickie!
madmum
Legendary Laner

Post by madmum »

I had root canal treatment a few years ago {cry} Dont worry although it is still unpleasant it does not hurt as much cos the nerves are gone yike* Good luck
If you always do what you always do ,you will always get what you have always got!
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

I do feel for you as I always have a lot of trouble with my teeth. The thing to remember is that once it is done it will be fine and the alternative - living with raging toothache- just isn't an option

Hope it feels better soon. {hug}
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Sara

Post by Sara »

I agree about the needles in your gums.... {cry} Although my dentist uses a numbing gel on the gum a couple of minutes before the injection..... Its exactly the same as the stuff the equine denists use to numb a horses mouth before an injection. I remember trying it once when one of our youngsters had a baby tooth removed and it works because i can hardly feel a thing when she does the injection.....

I am having the same sort of work done in my mouth at the moment, last time i left the dentists with another 6 appointments..... yike*
[center]Happy to have shown Titchy Clucker a little corner of France[/center]

Sara XxX