My heel

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
p.penn

Re: My heel

Post by p.penn »

Sorry to hear that Jen. If you are near the kitchen - try sticking some ice on it or a bag of frozen peas.
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
wendy

Post by wendy »

Oh dear poor Jen. Hopefully with some rest it will get better. You will have to give up playing football, methinks.
Spencer has a problem with the underneath of his heel. He thinks it is plantar fasciaitis [s] but very painful.......as he is constantly telling me !!!!!
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

Hi Jen

If you have torn your Achilles tendon then you really need to see a doctor. If it is a complete tear it will require surgery, a partial tear will need complete rest and possibly put in a cast.
I partially ruptured mine a few years back falling off a step in a step aerobics class (I never had any co-ordination!) and I had to completely rest it for 6 weeks, using crutches. I still have a slight weakness there now as I didn't rest it enough.
for the moment, keep it elevated, lots of ice on it and see a doc as soon as you can.

lucy x
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
Lilly
Learner Laner

Post by Lilly »

Hi Jen

You should probably still go and get it checked out! There is a test you can do to check the achilles tendon..........

kneel on a chair ( dinning chair best) then squeeze the calf muscle.
If your achilles tendon is damaged there will be little or no movement in the foot.

an ice pack is also benificial to reduce any swelling, but be careful you dont leave it on too long, 5 mins is enough! with 30 mins off then another 5 mins on.

Hope this helps

X
Five kids, one grandson, one dog, one cat, nine rabbits and three guinea pigs x
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

How is it Jen?

Lucy x
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway