Hayfever starts again

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
PetHeaven
Lively Laner

Hayfever starts again

Post by PetHeaven »

My poor hubby suffers very badly with hayfever and taking long term anti-histamines has a bad effect on him. So he is trying alternatives and they work to a certain level of control but its not great. Does anyone know if hayfever is reduced living by the sea? As this will hopefully be the location of our next home when we find something we can afford.
When is a chicken not a chicken?....when its a battery hen!
Mad Chick

Re: Hayfever starts again

Post by Mad Chick »

I really feel for him. I've been sneezing and eye rubbing for the last few days. I do love the nicer weather but it does have its drawbacks.
I've suffered with Hayfever since I was little and the only time I didn't get it too bad was the 6 year period we lived by the sea. That's definitely where I'm heading as soon as I can persuade hubs )t'

Lucy x
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
Kelly
Lively Laner

Re: Hayfever starts again

Post by Kelly »

My hubby suffers with hayfever, Some summers worse than others.
If he's really bad he takes the 'one a day' antihystamine tablet (can't remember the name)

However, an elderly friend (farmer) gave him a tip to help prevent hayfever as follows: He said a lot of country folk use this remedy. It does seem to help.

Take one teaspoonful of honey (preferably honey from a local source) each morning. Local produced honey theoretically comes from the pollen in the surrounding area. I suppose any honey will help, but best of all local stuff.
The theory is that its the pollen that causes the hayfever and honey is made from pollen. So if you take a small amount each day you sort of dose yourself with the pollen. Anyway, honey is said to be good generally so it certainly can't harm giving it go!