ouch !

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
ock

ouch !

Post by ock »

I`ve torn a muscle at the back of my pelvis and now its sqeezing my sciatic nerve {cry} , my left leg is killing me, it was in my hamstring but now its down in my calf muscle, it kills {cry} , I`m walking around like a cripple, had it for just over a week now, went to a chiropractor on wednesday and she squeezed my butt cheeks and stuck pins in them {cry} , got to go again in couple of days for more pins to be stuck in, I no want hurty leg no more )gr:
[center]OCK LIKES TO PARTY !!!![/center]
Mad Chick

Re: ouch !

Post by Mad Chick »

Awww...poor boy. As if a torn muscle isn't bad enough you've lost your mind too... paying someone to stick pins in you :shock: No wonder you're ouching {cry} What you probably need is to sit in a lovely pub garden in the sun with your feet up and a pint in your hand :-D

Hope you're feeling better soon {hug&kiss}

Lucy x
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
Dave
Legendary Laner

Post by Dave »

listen to
Lucy
she talks good sense

she offered me very good advice
in my thread

its just a shame there is not more like her
"The trouble with quotes over the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." -- Abraham Lincoln
perchy

Post by perchy »

I hurt my sciatic nerve and I found a heat pad (hot water bottle wrapped in cloth)and then an ice pack (Ice or peas wrapped in cloth) worked really well, (chiropractor adviced me) be sure not to freeze your bottom though, take ibuprofen before you start the hot and cold therapy, ten mins hot and ten mins cold, do this for about half and hour and hope you are soon feeling better, its a very painful condition but you are a pirate and used to being injured :-D
ock

Post by ock »

Dave wrote:listen to
Lucy
she talks good sense

she offered me very good advice
in my thread

its just a shame there is not more like her

yes, I have just read that thread, she is a very wise woman )t' , very wise indeed )b( , if there was more like Lucy the world would be a much nicer place )b(
ock

Post by ock »

perchy wrote:I hurt my sciatic nerve and I found a heat pad (hot water bottle wrapped in cloth)and then an ice pack (Ice or peas wrapped in cloth) worked really well, (chiropractor adviced me) be sure not to freeze your bottom though, take ibuprofen before you start the hot and cold therapy, ten mins hot and ten mins cold, do this for about half and hour and hope you are soon feeling better, its a very painful condition but you are a pirate and used to being injured :-D

thanks )t' , will try that later perchy )grin2(
ock

Post by ock »

ooh ! you are very wise too perchy {hug&kiss}
Steve the Gas

Post by Steve the Gas »

Not looking for empathy but done that got the t shirt 10yrs and counting of sciatica. When I had accupuncture - he stabbed me feet {warn}
Two back ops later - its livable, {cry} just.
Take my advice - go to the quacks and get some serious pain killers like Tramadol, but don't do anything chap.

Just thinking - I've had 3 epidurals - with steroids- no I'm not pregnant, didn't work.
Needles
Tens machine - didn't work much.
Physio
Osteopath
2 back ops

Sh...... yike* )hlp>
Totally Scrambled
Site Admin

Post by Totally Scrambled »

Ock,
shouldn't you now change your signature to ARGHHHH :-D
Dom
Ali Woks My World
perchy

Post by perchy »

Poor Steve, {cry}

Thats not empathy, it must be awful for you, chin up )t'
ock

Post by ock »

Steve mate, thats really bad, the chiropractor said I haven`t got sciatica thank god, she said that sciatica can be caused by the muscle that goes through the small hole in the pelvis, with the nerve, squeezing the nerve, but luckily thats not the muscle I`ve torn, its a small one that comes off the bottom of the pelvis onto the back of the leg bone
Steve the Gas

Post by Steve the Gas »

Did she name it ?

Could be piriformis muscle.................... still bad and often mis diagnosed as sciatica.
But you said you had left leg pain into the calf?
Same as me }hairout{

Wait 'til you get cramp in the night - thats when the trouble starts.

If you get my drift ((w
ock

Post by ock »

she did name it but I wasn`t really listening, too busy looking around the room )grin2( , she did say that I must of done it a while ago because one of my butt cheeks was harder than the other one, it started aching in my ham and I was getting shooting pains in it when I got up out of chairs, I just thought that I had pulled my hamstring in the gym, now its gone down into my calf and the bottom of my foot is a bit numb with slight pins `n` neddles, she did say that she could fix it with 2 or 3 sessions )t' , I hope so or my dreams of becoming a dancer will be over {cry} , on the good side though, she did say my body was in good shape for my age with the job I do and what I put it through, weights, crashing motorbikes, etc )t'
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Sounds painful! Hope it gets better soon. {hug}
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
perchy

Post by perchy »

Ock, did she really say that you were in good shape for 97? I guess its time to take the motor off the zimmer. I never take much notice at the Doctors, I like looking at the skeleton hanging from a pully yike*