Mental Health

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
Robert Davitt Callaghan
Lively Laner

Mental Health

Post by Robert Davitt Callaghan »

Hi laners, it's been a while sinceI last stopped by, I trust you are all well.
I trying to raise awareness of mental issues here in NZ and thought that maybe some of you might be interested too. Here's a link to an article i was recently involved with. I myself am a bipolar person, I don't see as an illness just a way of life, and I 'd like others to see that too. )pty

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle/news/article.cfm?
c_id=6&objectid=10639289&pnum=0
manda

Re: Mental Health

Post by manda »

This will get others to it easierHERE )t'

Good article......anything which puts mental health into the "norm" (whatever that is !) is great by me.
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Interesting article.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
Robert Davitt Callaghan
Lively Laner

Post by Robert Davitt Callaghan »

Cheers Manda and Mo, and Manda if you have any friends in Auckland that you think might be interested please send them in my direction cheers.

http://www.the-edge.co.nz/Event-Pages/C ... d-Mad.aspx
manda

Post by manda »

)t'
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
newto
Longlasting Laner

Post by newto »

very interesting article.

I recently watche a programme called "how mad are you" ( BBC horizon production from 2008) fascinating, basically they had 10 volunteers, 5 who were know to have various "Mental health " problems, and 5 who didnt Over the course of 2 or 3 days they underwent a series of tasks, and were filmed , and observed by 3 experts, who from the way they behaved had to try and " guess" who was mentally "ill" and who wasnt. ( they only really guessed 1 correctly!, and that was farly obvious anyway) In factthe one they decided was the least likely to be suffering or have suffered any mental illness, was quite bad.!)

There was a bi-polar person, someone suffering from depression, an anorexic, someone with OCD, and I forget the last one.

They did say though, that what could just be a character trait, could be misinterpreted as possible mental ill health!
just goes to show.

And as you said Manda.who decides what the "norm " actually is!

Well worth watching if you can get hold of it.