IBS

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
wendy

Re: IBS

Post by wendy »

Peppermint is very good. My father used to take the cordial.
I sometimes get indigestion and always have peppermints nearby, they do a great job.
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
newto
Longlasting Laner

Re: IBS

Post by newto »

I was diagnosed with IBS about 20 yrs ago. Its never been as bad since, as before the diagnosis. The GP I had at the time was useless, and cos of the stress it got worse, and worse, and the relief of knowing that it was "only" IBS, made it improve a lot. .
I do get bad bouts occasionally, and find a hot water bottle seems to help.

I have also started to wonder whether I may also be lactose intolerant,as this can cause similar symptoms.
If i regularly eat bread , drink milk, etc then Im ok, but afer any period of say 1 week with no lactose, then I do suffer, but it wears off after a few days, albeit I must say that if no milk products whatsoever I do feel better. also avoiding sugar, but using honey instead, seems to help.

I drink a lot of herbal teas,as not supposed to have tea or coffee ( high blood pressure, but do indulge occasionally), and these do help rleieve any synptoms, especially mint teas,and thyme as well-

The main thing is to ry not to worry about it ( easier said than done i know), as worrying, causes stress, makes the ibs worse, more worrying etc, a never ending vicious circle.

The truth is, it seems they dont really know what IBS is, whatcauses it etc.in fact basically it's a catch all diagnosis, if you havent got x y or z etc then its IBS!
and lots ofmeds for various things can make it worse anyway!