Those fitness trainers..

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
lizziedoggarden
Legendary Laner

Those fitness trainers..

Post by lizziedoggarden »

Morning! has anyone tried or know someone who has tried those sketchers shape up trainers that are meant to help you tone up? Was gonna get a pair but won,t if they don,t work!! Reviews are good but wanted 1st hand opinion. Thanks in advace! )t'
Don't dream it, BE it....

Am looking forward to welcoming Sunny Clucker to Woodbridge Suffolk!!!!!
madmum
Legendary Laner

Re: Those fitness trainers..

Post by madmum »

They are doing a trial at our local gym(not that im a gym babe yike* )I ll let you know how they get on.
If you always do what you always do ,you will always get what you have always got!
lizziedoggarden
Legendary Laner

Brilliant Madmum thanks! should be interesting...I don,t do gyms either. There,s a saying that cows and women were not born to run for obvious reasons... {rofwl}

wendy

Post by wendy »

I haven't heard of those at all.
But I do wear MBT's as I have bursitis in my hip. It is due to walking incorrectly. So they do work, otherwise I have to have inserts in my flat shoes.
Spencer has them also and they have got him to walk up straight [as well as going to pilates] as he was inclined to stoop to the left.
As to whether they tone me up, I doubt it.
Maybe I should run....nah...I am not built for that either )grin2(
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Sunny B
Legendary Laner

Post by Sunny B »

I have seen the ads, with the sound turned down, and thought it just looks like a big con.

If you want to tone up you need to properly exercise, not just put on a pair of trainers, some tight shorts and wiggle your bum.

It sounds on the level of the "eat all you like and lose loads of weight" diets to me.
Missing my little friend Sunny Clucker
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Sunny B wrote:If you want to tone up you need to properly exercise, not just put on a pair of trainers, some tight shorts and wiggle your bum.

Dammit. Perhaps that is where I am going wrong! :shock:
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

I haven't got the trainers but have spent a large sum of money on a pair of 'fit-flops' which are supposed to tone your legs and bum. I wore them all summer and my legs did not look the same as the girls on the picture )j;

On a serious note, I have heard that unless you need a different type of shoe for medical grounds, they can be bad for your back with long term use. I do suffer with back problems and the fit-flops didn't seem to make it worse so who knows...

Lucy x
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
lizziedoggarden
Legendary Laner

Sunny B wrote:I have seen the ads, with the sound turned down, and thought it just looks like a big con.

If you want to tone up you need to properly exercise, not just put on a pair of trainers, some tight shorts and wiggle your bum.

It sounds on the level of the "eat all you like and lose loads of weight" diets to me.

I do lots of walking and i use a powerplate ( i,m a powerplate personal trainer ) and other forms of exercise, was thinking of getting some due to a bad back i have, they are meant to help with a bad back. My back won,t allow me to " wiggle my bum!" {rofwl}

lizziedoggarden
Legendary Laner

madmum wrote:They are doing a trial at our local gym(not that im a gym babe yike* )I ll let you know how they get on.
Hiya Madmum, any news on the trial for those fitness trainers? :-D

madmum
Legendary Laner

Post by madmum »

Hiya !!Yes indeedey bum wiggling definatley encouraged at my ladies only gym!!People seem to be getting on well with the trainers!They say they are more comfy than their previous ones(owners of the gym bought several for people to try out in return for advertising space etc) and they have noticed that they "walk better "in them they seem to rock on their feet as opposed to pounding the pavements.Someone has been washing hers in the washing mashine and says they come up a dream!!Will keep following their progress as they do seem to be noticing that the muscles used in their legs are more excercised(?) )t'
If you always do what you always do ,you will always get what you have always got!
lizziedoggarden
Legendary Laner

Brilliant Madmum, many thanks! )t' My pair got delivered only yesterday and I was toying with the idea of returning them..have heard reports they are good for posture ( mine sucks ) so may keep them. Got 28 day cooling off period so we,ll see! Thanks again :-D

lizziedoggarden
Legendary Laner

Well I ve been wearing my sh*pe up shoes for 3 weeks now and they actually work!
I got some to help tone me up more but primarly for my back as my posture is bad even though I train on a power plate and do back physio. I have lost an inch from my waist and 1/2 inch from tops of thighs. I also have much reduced cellulite, didn,t matter what I did, I just couldn,t shift it.
It wasn,t hard to get used to them, I wore them on mondays and fridays at work for 6 hrs and on tuesday and thursday when I walked little one to school and back and when I worked at school as a MDLS, that tallies to around 4 hours.

So there we have it, I,m just amazed they worked as well as they did! )t'

ma larkin
Legendary Laner

Post by ma larkin »

My friend had them a few years ago. They were very expensive and I don't know if they worked but they really improved her posture when she wore them! Made her stand tall!

Ma Larkin
k66yla
Lively Laner

Post by k66yla »

I think I will have to invest in a pair of them. They might help my leg/back problem and to try and lose a bit of weight!. I would'nt beable to wear them for work as they would wear down too quickly. I go through footwear for work about every 8 weeks. I guess walking approx 8 miles a day does'nt help, so I'd save them for 'best'.
lizziedoggarden
Legendary Laner

Hiya, I think as long as you wear them when you can you would feel a difference. My back problem is siatica and I,ve not had to take my usual painkillers. If you get some, get used to them and then maybe you could walk one way in them on way to/from work? If you did that just 2-3 times a week you,d really feel and notice the difference. I ate normally ( cr*p !) but still toned up. I was just suprised they worked really. :-D
ma larkin wrote:My friend had them a few years ago. They were very expensive and I don't know if they worked but they really improved her posture when she wore them! Made her stand tall!

Ma Larkin

Hee Hee Ma, i,m only 5 ft 1 and my boss been taking the mickey saying I,ve grown!! {rofwl} they are quite stacked but really comfortable )t'