Positive about sorting my weight this time...

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
manda

Re: Positive about sorting my weight this time...

Post by manda »

Well done, that's a really good loss!!!

I have lost my mojo a bit..I've had Sciatica and up till last week couldn't walk...I didn't think I did much walking to be honest until I stopped...I think I move around quite a lot..might not go far but I walk about all the time...sitting down doing nothing and then exercising in between was driving me barking!!

I'm up now and everything seems to be much better...so I'm hoping I can get organised and onto it again...I haven't weighed myself yet...bit scared to ! But got to be done and then hopefully I'll be losing again.
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
davina112
Legendary Laner

Post by davina112 »

Manda I am sure your mojo will return as your health improves. Stick with it )t'
[center][/center]Davina
davina112
Legendary Laner

Post by davina112 »

1 pound off this week, I was aiming for a pound and a half so I am a bit disappointed. But I shall stick with it )t'
[center][/center]Davina
manda

Post by manda »

Well done Davina....I'm more upright now (had a deep tissue massage yesterday so I'm feeling a bit odd today ...my hubby would say what's new!) but I'm starting to get there...it's not being able to walk for any major distance I find so hard...and it doesn't exactly help when you're trying to get healthy...but I hope it won't be too long and we'll be back off down the beach with the pooches and all be well with the world again. :-D
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

davina112 wrote:1 pound off this week, I was aiming for a pound and a half so I am a bit disappointed. But I shall stick with it )t'

1lb is great Davina - just think, if you lost a pound a week for a year, that would be nearly 4 stone gone! yike*

Manda, glad your back is improving {hug}
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
davina112
Legendary Laner

Post by davina112 »

Thank you ladies, when I lost my 2and a half stone a couple of years ago, my average loss was 1 pound per week. The reason I wanted to loose 1 and a half each week was to get back to my target for my holiday April. But as I said I will stick to it.
[center][/center]Davina
Americanlady
Lively Laner

Post by Americanlady »

I have such sympathy for all who are trying to lose weight. I've spend most of my adult life being overweight and hating it. Tried every diet known to man including the kind that sends you your food. Nothing worked UNTIL... I cut out the worst thing in my daily routine... sugar! in the past several months my weight (without dieting!) has dropped from 149 lbs to 121 lbs and am maintaining. If there is something in your diet that is especially high in calories, I encourage you to try to cut it way back or eliminate it. I know it sounds simplistic, but it really happened to me. Another thing I do is chew my food A LOT and eat slowly. Please know I sincerely am not preaching. Just wish my odd success could work for all of you, too. Weight control is the pits when it doesn't work for us. Good luck to all.
davina112
Legendary Laner

Post by davina112 »

Another pound off this week )t'
[center][/center]Davina
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

I haven't been on this thread for aaaaaaaaggggggggggggggeeeeeeeeeessssss and the weight issue is still an issue :? Our eldest son is getting married next month and so at the start of January once all the Christmas goodies had gone (except for 5 boxes of chocs kept for upcycling as birthday presents )t' ) I decided that I had to stop filling my face with too much food as I didn't want to be the fat momma on the wedding snaps.

A salad for lunch, discovering Pink Lady apples, and smaller portions at dinner time, combined with stopping drinking almost a whole bottle of wine every night have helped me lose over 16lb so far. I'd like another half stone of before the end of April but so far so good. No counting calories / points / sins / carbs etc. just normal food but less of it )wav(

Good luck to everyone else who is still doing battle >gl<
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Sounds like you have a real incentive Kate! I think sometimes just breaking everyday bad habits helps - also I am convinced that drinking calorific wine makes me peckish, so not drinking would really help me lose the pounds.
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
davina112
Legendary Laner

Post by davina112 »

I haven't posted for a few weeks as I have been disappointed with my weight loss. But this week I have lost 2 pounds )t'
Wednesday is my weigh in day, and my treat night. So for tea I have had 2 boiled eggs and 2 slices of thick white bread and butter )c+ , who would believe this is what I deem to be a treat these days.
[center][/center]Davina
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

kate egg wrote:I haven't been on this thread for aaaaaaaaggggggggggggggeeeeeeeeeessssss and the weight issue is still an issue :? Our eldest son is getting married next month and so at the start of January once all the Christmas goodies had gone (except for 5 boxes of chocs kept for upcycling as birthday presents )t' ) I decided that I had to stop filling my face with too much food as I didn't want to be the fat momma on the wedding snaps.

A salad for lunch, discovering Pink Lady apples, and smaller portions at dinner time, combined with stopping drinking almost a whole bottle of wine every night have helped me lose over 16lb so far. I'd like another half stone of before the end of April but so far so good. No counting calories / points / sins / carbs etc. just normal food but less of it )wav(

Good luck to everyone else who is still doing battle >gl<

Well done Kate. I thought you looked a lot slimmer when I saw you last week. Now I know why we had salad for lunch. Keep it up. )t'
Ilona
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

Thanks Ilona, I am really enjoying finding different ways to enjoy salad for lunch :-D >veg5< >veg4< >veg<

My dad-in-law said to me a few weeks ago "You've lost weight.... did you mean to?" I think so many of his contemporaries who lose weight do so because they are ill, so he was just checking that I wasn't poorly bless him.

Going to look for mother of the groom outfits on Friday and I have been told to try and buy something that no one else has worn before.... working in a charity shop I seem to hardly ever buy brand new, and resent the cost if I have to yike*
davina112
Legendary Laner

Post by davina112 »

1 and 3 quarters of a pound off this week. I may just reach my target in the next 2 weeks before my holiday >fi<
[center][/center]Davina
perchy

Post by perchy »

Well done Davina and everyone )t'