Positive about sorting my weight this time...

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Re: Positive about sorting my weight this time...

Post by Freeranger »

Is everybody skinny now? :-D
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Bigger than ever! One day I'll try again, need to be in the right frame of mind but can't seem to get there! Hope you're doing ok.
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

I got to my heaviest ever - again - but felt it was affecting my health and knees so knew I had to do something. A friend has started SW and found the weight just melting off, and as she's a fellow foodie I thought it would be good for us too. I lost c.7lbs the first week, then 2lbs in the next then nothing for the last 2 weeks even though being quite good. Maybe it's all the sugar in the throat lozenges? I've been a bit poorly so not running around much. Am feeling quite determined, but then I always am at about this stage! Good luck to all the other yo-yo-ers.
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Good on you! Hope the weight keeps dropping off {hug}
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
perchy

Post by perchy »

Freeranger wrote:Is everybody skinny now? :-D

Yes, skinnier than I have ever been {hug}

+pinn+ +pinn+
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

So, here I am doing the annual post of shame!

I had a medical appointment recently and found their scales add an extra stone to the measurement on ours. Oh no! Worse than I thought.......
perchy

Post by perchy »

Freeranger wrote:So, here I am doing the annual post of shame!

I had a medical appointment recently and found their scales add an extra stone to the measurement on ours. Oh no! Worse than I thought.......

I feel your pain {rofwl}
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

I started SW online a couple of weeks before Christmas. Lost 4lb in the first week and 1lb in the second. I actually stayed the same over Christmas and am expecting a gain on Wednesday at my next WI! I am determined to actually do it this year and get into the many boxes of 'too small' clothes that I have!
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

You are not alone Freeranger. I have been at my job for over 6 years now, and had the same size uniform for all of that time. Before Christmas, I had been so ridiculous in my eating and drinking and put on so much weight that I couldn't do the zip on my trousers up at all, and the waistband only just hooked up on what should be a supporting inside clip. I had to order bigger trousers! yike*

And then I put on another half a stone from Christmas eve - 27th Dec yike* yike*

Well that did it for me, and I am focussing on being good for January. Healthy eating, watching my fluid ( a health requirement) and no alcohol yike* Since the 27th I have already lost the Xmas half stone, and when I went to work today, almost got into my trousers YAY!

I am hoping that I can get myself into better long term habits. Fingers crossed!
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Good going Helen! Freeranger, I feel your pain! Let's hope this motivation lasts beyond the first couple of months of the new year! Good luck all )t'
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

Well welcome back, one and all. Great going, Helen! One of my good friends has been doing SW for a while and had excellent results, and we did it for a couple of weeks before Christmas with a similarly successful start, but it all went pear-shaped (me too) in the run-up to Chrimbo. We're using up left-overs in meals, and I'll alternate e.g. cheesy meals with very low calorie things, easing towards the SW approach as we start shopping again (June, I think, based on the amount of leftovers).
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Not sure where Mad Chick is on this thread, as, from what I hear, I believe she is doing extraordinarily well!! )c( )c(
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

Thanks Helen!
I've lost 34lbs now, since beginning of November. I put on 2lbs over Christmas but have lost 3 in the last few days :-D

Having said that, I've got a hideous cold/cough/lurgy at the moment and today have comfort eaten my way through half a large toblerone, a packet of cashew nuts and a pizza! Think that 3lb might be back on now.... :oops:

Ho hum, weigh in and group tomorrow so that will hopefully get me back on track. The group session for LighterLife is very good - it's more like a therapy session than a fat club. They don't talk about food as such but the thoughts and feelings that surround it. It's not cheap (it probably costs me around £70 a week for the food packs and group) but in theory you don't buy food on top. And seeing 3/4lbs per week come off consistently is a great motivator. Plus, being very lazy, I don't have to think about food at all, just choose four of their packs a day (just a bit bored of baby food and milk shakes now...)
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Well done Lucy! I've never tried the Lighter Life stuff - it always worried me that I would put the weight back on once I stopped eating their packs. I guess if you lose the weight you need to lose then move on to healthy eating or a SW type thing then it would be possible to maintain. Great to hear that you're doing so well on it, very impressive! Hope you feel better soon too, today's food sounds rather yummy!!
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

That is a huge amount Lucy! Well done you!! )c( )c( )c(

The diet is obviously working really well for you, although I too was wondering about the transition back to 'normal' food. Do they help you with that?
Helen xx