Positive about sorting my weight this time...

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
ma larkin
Legendary Laner

Re: Positive about losing weight this time

Post by ma larkin »

Thank you everyone {hug} I am feeling very happy about it! Enjoying a naughty glass of wine )t'

How long did it take you to lose 2 stone Perchy? That is brilliant by the way! I wonder if Al would Airbrush a picture of me? :? He could do a 'what Ma Larkin will look like WHEN she has lost 4 stone photo'!! :-D

Ma Larkin
perchy

Post by perchy »

You really are doing well, I did it in about 4 months, once the first half stone came off it was all systems go, I started to feel better, clothes fitted better and then confidence grew, I did take it steady, and did not beat myself up everytime I felt i failed food wise in a day, I think if you are sensible and take is steady it has more chance of staying off, although it's not easy some days, I try to plan the heavier calorie meals with very good meals either side day before and day after, it worked for me )t'
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

That is great news Ma. I honestly think the secret is just to look at it as a long term food review, rather than a 'diet'. I lost my wieght over almost a year really, although I lost rather more than I should have. I am putting it back on at the moment - well over a stone - but think I will stop now as I am happy at a size 8-10.

Keep it up! You are doing so well! )t'
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
ma larkin
Legendary Laner

Post by ma larkin »

Thank you Perchy and PPenn! And well done with your weight losses and gains!

Ma Larkin :-D
maz24
Longlasting Laner

Post by maz24 »

Well done Ma . 13lbs I wish Still I weigh in tomorrow and if I stay the same I wont beat my self up I will be pleased . It is so hard sticking to eating plans But we can do it , well you already are . how did pa do this week ? I think you are both going to leave me behind , My 4th week this week and third weigh in . how many weeks is it for you now? Well done again Ma hope you enjoyed you glass of wine you deserved it . I may let you know how I do tomorrow ( if I stay the same)
Maz
ma larkin
Legendary Laner

Post by ma larkin »

Hi Maz! Good luck with you weigh in, and don't worry if you gain!It doesnt matter. Just start again tomorrow! {hug} It is my 5th week this week!
I have for once a busy social weekend coming up, so I shall have to go steady on the old Vino which of course I will have no problems doing atall +pinn+ +pinn+

Best wishes

Ma Larkin :-D
maz24
Longlasting Laner

Post by maz24 »

Hi Ma
Guess what I lost 1LB over the 2 bad weeks for dieting!! Still havent got to 1/2 stone yet. am starting to get a bit down as Im haveing trouble with what to eat for a change. Not very possitive at the moment. wondering whether to change to w/w as can get help there every week (and we can exchange ideas) Im not giving up on you . Its just that ( well Ive blown that day might as well blow the next day as well thing)Ill get back to it .
You are doing sooo well dont you get like this .
Now Ive got that off my enormouse chest Im back with you today appart from my fish and chips tonight
Maz.
newto
Longlasting Laner

Post by newto »

well mdone keep at it.

i lost about 6 stone last year..far too fast, through depression mainly. Strangely before it made me put on weight, by comfort eating! Unfortunately over the winter I put about 1 and a half stone back on, mainly due to wearing so many layers to keep warm, and having to wear old clothes I hadnt been able to replace.
I had got rid of the really big stuff, but some smaller ones I´d kept, were too big, and allowed me to regain some of the weight! I didnt really notice, until I had to go somewhere, and having got all my outfit ready the night before, I couldnt get it on!
The main problem I find is that being very limited financially, makes it harder, as all the good healthy stuff, is more expensive!

The main thing I´d say is get rid of the clothes , and dont be tempted to kep any as 2work/gardening/ building clothes ( apart from jumpers and jackets maybe) That was my mistake, and the weight started going back on, withoutbeing aware of it!
mmm
Lively Laner

Post by mmm »

Your all doing so well, I hope I follow in your footsteps. Its my 1st week on s/w. Feel totally podged though. Im a bit of a chocaholic, alchol doesnt bother me.

The part i find difficult is cooking for the family & not picking their food, it seems so much nicer than mine :? Worst is this is only the 1st week {rofwl}
maz24
Longlasting Laner

Post by maz24 »

Hi Mmm ,
S/w is great plan , But irs changed since I was a consultant . And I am lost for lunches Been haveing jackets ,pastas etc as I follow green but to be honest its costing a lot of money. I am eating more fruit but that doesnt fill you up for long . What plan are you following ? I think I should get into Orange but dont really understand it . Im A chocky not worried about drink .
>gl< and keep in touch with us . Ma and Pa are doing so well
Maz
ma larkin
Legendary Laner

Post by ma larkin »

Did not have my weigh in this week, as I have been poorly over the last few days. On the mend now though!
Well done Maz! That is great that you still managed to lose )t' Maybe MM can help you with lunch ideas? I wish I understand S/W so I can help. Keep up the good work though, you are doing so well {hug} Good luck to you too MM, let us know how you get on {hug}

best wishes

Ma Larkin
maz24
Longlasting Laner

Post by maz24 »

Hi Ma
Are you feeling better? Do hope so.
Been to weigh in today. All those meals etc catching up .hows everyone else done this week. On S/w there are three plans one being new (to me) so have been trying to get to grips with that , any one out there on S/w that can help would appreciate it , trying Nice and Easy but not too sure about it. Well I stayed the same this week still better than putting on eh.
Mazx
Chicken on the Hill
Longlasting Laner

Post by Chicken on the Hill »

I've just joined SW. I'd done it before,but always done red days. The new orange Extra Easy is ok when you get to grips with it. The idea is to fill 1 third ofyour plate with the superspeed foods(fruit and veg lists).Then fill the rest of your plate with free foodsfrom both red and green sections. Try to have snacks which are superspeed foods. Healthy extra are only 1 from A,and 1 from B in the orange healthy extras. That's tough, as that's like 1 slice of normal wholemeal bread per day! The same 'eat as much as you like' rule applys,and also 5-15 syns.Some people say they dont lose as much as quickly on EE. The new cookbooks are really good,I've got the curry one and the dessert one. There is also Facebook Group as well as the official FB page and there are lots of ideas and support there. I lost 1.5lb last week(2nd weigh in),and Weigh In tonight.
I thought it was about time I had a signature, so this is it til I think of something else!
mmm
Lively Laner

Post by mmm »

maz24 wrote:Hi Mmm ,
S/w is great plan , But irs changed since I was a consultant . And I am lost for lunches Been haveing jackets ,pastas etc as I follow green but to be honest its costing a lot of money. I am eating more fruit but that doesnt fill you up for long . What plan are you following ? I think I should get into Orange but dont really understand it . Im A chocky not worried about drink .
>gl< and keep in touch with us . Ma and Pa are doing so well
Maz

Hi Maz,

I have done it before but it was 10+ years ago. Ive been mainly green & red. Eating loads of salads with both meals, been using feta cheese & sundried tomatoes to give it a bit of a taste. I also have cold new pots chopped up, use 1 tbs of light helmans mayo ( 2 syns ) mixed with a bit of fromage frais & mint sauce concentrate ( sugar free ).

Using quorn a bit. Have used minced beef & made my own burgers, stuffed
chicken fillets with cottage cheese & herbs, wrapped them in smoky bacon & steamed them in the oven.

Made a quiche which can be used on either day, if red add bacon, onions sweetcorn, broccolli ( anything really), I do pre cook them. All you need is 200g (ish ) low fat cottage cheese, 3 eggs & add what ever you want. Again smoked bacon gives it good flavour. Sprinkle 42g low fat cheddar on top,cook at 180 c for 30 mins ish. Job done a nearly syn free quiche. I use the cheddar as 1 of my B choices.

I have quorn sausage ( not too good ) with home made chips, mushrooms, baked beans & thats all syn free. If indoubt log on to the internet & look at recipes. you get the password from your group leader. If you've not got it let me know & I will pm you

Well had my weigh in Tuesday & Id lost 8lb yike* , i couldnt believe it. I do lose usually in the 1st couple of weeks but never that much.

Must admit Im a chocoholic, not bothered about wine very often.
Chicken on the Hill
Longlasting Laner

Post by Chicken on the Hill »

Lost 3lb,got slimmer of the week! Celebrating with wine and pizza. My daughter, who's been diagnosed with an underactive thyroid and is now on tablets for life,has lost 1lb on the children's SW plan. Dead proud of her for sticking to healthy eating.
I thought it was about time I had a signature, so this is it til I think of something else!