Positive about sorting my weight this time...

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Re: Positive about sorting my weight this time...

Post by Freeranger »

Monday is weigh-day. The official one, that is, rather than the twice a day I actually do!

I'm amazed to say I've lost another 4lbs (10.7% so far)!
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Wow, a great week for you! Well done! I cheated last night and we ordered pizza - fingers crossed I can pull it back a bit by Wednesday WI :oops:
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

Yay! Well done! )like(

I've been rubbish this week. We went away on Friday night to a winery - lots of wine, beer and liqueur tasting followed by a curry and a HUGE full English breakfast on Saturday morning :oops: And then yesterday was mainly full of eating stollen cake left over from Christmas :oops: :oops:

I'll need a miracle if I'm going to pull this back by tomorrow morning {rofwl}
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Ah well, we have to have treats or we wouldn't keep going! That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

Well if you're going to fall of the waggon, that's the way to do it! Pizza, full English....sounds lurvely!! {rofwl}

One of my many previous diets was WW, and they advised us to have some 0 point meals handy in the freezer - things that just have veg in e.g. ratatouille, veg curry, veg stews, stir-frys, soups etc with maybe a little rice, fish or skinless chicken as well. Then, when you pig out, you can balance it with as many meals as you need to. I haven't been exclusively good, but have made use of the balancing idea, and intend to when I reach my target. I suppose it's a bit like 5:2.
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

I am slowly but surely shedding he weight I put on last year; I am visiting the gym 3-5 times a week for an hour and a half each session. I usually do 30 or 45 minutes of CV work followed by the rest of the time resistance work most of which I do on my legs to try and stave of having my knees replaced for as long as possible (hopefully forever but the Physio that had my case when I was in the Navy reckoned that it was likely in the future that they would be replaced). I have lost around half a stone since Christmas but still at least a stone to go.
Bah Humbug
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

Good work SS )like(

I had my weigh in this morning and have stayed the same which was a pleasant surprise!
We had a really good class this morning, it was quite emotional talking about comfort eating and why we do it. Feeling very motivated now so hoping I can keep it up this week and stop fannying around with it.
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Well done SS & Mad Chick! After my naughtiness Sunday and yesterday I am back on it today and have done some batch cooking so that I have no excuse!
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

Great results all round! Batch cooking - must do some.

SS, I'm impressed with the staying power. I know I'm going to have to start exercising more, but thought I'd put it off as long as possible!
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

The only problem is that I have changed just Hector (puppy not child!) over to a raw diet and his frozen stuff arrived today. It takes up a whole shelf and there is no room for anything else in the freezer! I shall have to be resourceful somehow!
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Well done all who lost, and Lucy for not gaining {rofwl} I have gained another 2lbs, but had a delivery curry on Sat with the leftovers on Sunday, out for pub dinner last eve, and cooked sausages & mash for hrandkids today (and found/ate an open half a family pack of crisps }hairout{ )

Must get a grip...... :oops:
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Confession time - have to tell the bad as well as the good! Wednesday night's weigh in showed +4lb }hairout{ I was expecting a gain but not that much! I think the previous week caught up on me as I was expecting a gain but lost 2. Back on it and determined to lose as much of it as I can next week. Freeranger, I'm not even going to bother with percentages {rofwl} Hope everyone is doing ok and not putting on half of what they have lost like me!!
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

No problem, Jem, they're obviously not as motivational as I thought! I've stuck now and not lost any more, though it was falling off before. I suppose the first week or two are always easy.
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

I do find them motivational but am counting this last week as a massive blip and have drawn a line under it and am back to being a good girl! Menu planning & grocery ordering today to keep me in line!!
Your stay the same at least means you're keeping it off - it'll start coming off again. You're doing so well!
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

If we're in confessional mode - fish & chips & booze on Tuesday.

Our scales are too rubbish to be precise but seem to have dropped a few ounces after all - I think about 1/2-1lb. (About 11.5% target!).