Positive about sorting my weight this time...

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Re: Positive about sorting my weight this time...

Post by jemberelli »

Fish, chips & booze AND a loss - great going! Ice cream for me last night! Had a bad day with my fibro & was feeling quite down but the ice cream cheered me up so I'm not going to beat myself up about it! We'll see what the damage is on Wednesday!
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

Well done! (Now I REALLY want fish and chips!)

I met some friends for lunch on Saturday, some I haven't seen for a few months. It was so lovely walking in (in my one nice outfit that fits!) and hear them all gasp! Very proud of myself too having a chicken salad (under 500 calories) and a sparkling water while they were all having pie, mash and beer. AND they all had puddings while I drank my skinny cappuccino!

As I now have only one nice outfit and one pair of jeans that fit I decided I would pop into town and have a sweep of the final reductions. Picked up a couple of nice skirts & tops and a dress which will hopefully keep me going until I'm at goal. My mum has promised me a shopping spree at Gunwharf Quays when I get to goal... 1st to go!
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Fantastic! I bet you felt a million dollars! Well done, you are doing so well and are so nearly there! {hug}
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

Nice story, Lucy - that must have felt so good to walk in with that added confidence. And how virtuous you must have felt! I find people I haven't seen for while gasping when they see me too, but usually for the opposite reason!

I think the odd stumble is OK - bad days (or weeks )w( ) - will happen. As long as we start being good again, that's still better than we would have been before.

Had coffee then lunch with a friend today - the little side biscuit stayed on the coffee saucer, and I sent back the butter that came with my soup and bread. That's not as good as Lucy, but it's another little improvement!
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

It all helps, all those little biscuits and bits of butter add up! Good on you!
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

5lbs off this week )c(
It was probably all the exercise I got shopping yesterday so will try to repeat that as much as possible {rofwl}
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

)app( )app( )app( well done, you!!!!

I'm better at losing ££s than lbs - must be fun planning the new wardrobe! There's an incentive.
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

I would Lucy {rofwl} {rofwl} {rofwl}

Well done you, and when you described how you felt when you met your friends ...wow...I felt your pleasure!! )c(

I seem to be creeping up again >dum< Hopefully when it is less cold and damp, I will be more inspired.
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

Well official weigh day has come around again, and the positive news is that I haven't gained anything!

To be honest, that's better than I deserve as - forgive me, dieters, for I have sinned. A lot.

Anyway, determined to be a bit better behaved this week. Onwards & downwards.
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

That's good news Freeranger! I'm afraid I am on the very naughty step too this week. :oops: Honestly, what's the matter with me? I am a fully grown adult and when I should be thinking 'fresh and healthy', I am thinking 'naughty and indulgent (and downright stupid }hairout{ )

Aaaargh }hairout{
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Well done Freeranger - no gain is great and you've enjoyed some treats!

I forgot to update last Wed I think - lost 1lb which was less than I wanted and more than I deserved! Not sure this week will be much better! Fingers crossed for us all! >fi<
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

Well done, Jem! That's great news.

Helen, surely you're not going to waste all that self-discipline and good work and just go back to where you were? {cry}
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Holy moly! Weigh In this evening was something of a surprise - 4lb off! 9lb in total, very pleased!
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Well done Jem!!! No Freeranger, I really don't want to go back! I will get there again, and hopefully it will be easier when I start back at the garden centre, which I am going to sort out tomorrow (probably start mid/end next month)
Helen xx

Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

Brilliant work, Jem. Well done, you.

It should be dropping off you soon, then, Helen! You always sounded as though you enjoyed the garden centre too.

Im confused about progress. Had a hospital appointment in the morning of 30/12 and was told my weight.
Was weighed again yesterday at 7pm follow-up, and it was 3kg less in the same outfit. That's about 6.5-7lb, but I think I've lost 10. I hope our scales are right!