Positive about sorting my weight this time...

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Re: Positive about sorting my weight this time...

Post by Freeranger »

Have had a bit of a mixed time this week as it was OH's birthday, but I've been good the rest of the time and have lost the extra 1.5lbs that I gained. So draw a line and get on with it again.

I'm told Betta magazine has a joining fee voucher for SW this week, so I may get one of those and take the plunge.

How's everyone else doing?
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

Well done )t'

Not a bad week for me and managed to stick to it (mostly!), 2lbs off at weigh in this week :-D
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

I've just been reading back over your posts, Lucy, to see how close you are to your target - must be only about 3-4lbs to go?
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

Yes, sort of...

I'm now 5lbs off my goal although now that I'm nearly there I've set my goal a bit lower!
I've got a beautiful dress that I want to get back into - I reckon another 12lbs will do it...
And ideally, to get back to my pre children weight I'd lose another 1.5st but I'm not sure if that is realistically doable given my love of toast and chocolate :oops:
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

How do you feel about it?

My target weight is such a long way away that I've had to guess a bit at what it should be. I think mature women can look a bit gaunt if they lose too much, so I've imagined my thinnest self a little rounder.

I can understand that you (one) might have to reconsider as the target approaches (I should be so lucky!).

Do you think you'll feel better thinner, or will you stop after the dress?
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Well done both of you! Once again, I have had a mixed bag of a week but not due to birthdays, just my lack of willlpower and inability to resist temptation! I stayed the same again so at least I didn't gain - when I'm good I'm good but the naughtiness cancels it out. Must do better!

I have guessed at my target, it is so long since I was thin, there is no way I will get back down to 8 stone and nor would I want to. I have a sort of interim target in my head and will see how much more needs to go once I get there (whenever that may be!!). I will go more by looks than by the number once ai get down there - like you say, too much off makes you look gaunt and there is no point obssessing over a number if you don't like what you see when you get there!
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

Freeranger wrote:How do you feel about it?

Do you think you'll feel better thinner, or will you stop after the dress?

I'm not really sure how I feel. I've always thought of myself as far, even before children. I look at myself now and feel SO much better about myself than I did a few months back and because of that I have lost the impetus to carry on as I really do think I look ok now.
BUT then I remember the first time I hit the weight I am currently and how horrified I was...

The woman who runs the sessions each week has a theory that I'm subconsciously sabotaging my goal weight as I'm frightened of stopping dieting and putting it back on. She says I've proved I can lose it when I want to (and put it on!) but keeping it off is quite a scary prospect. I think she may have a point!
Lucy x

Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

I know what you mean about the 'being horrified' thing. I remember standing in front of a mirror, having hit 9st 10lbs, thinking how porky I was looking. Well, suffice to say, I have a long way to go before it's even a distant light on the horizon - from the other direction.

But the under the fat shape is different now too. And so is the person. I am the sum of my age, my life and my experiences, and the ideal packaging will be different as well.

If you feel good now, then now is brilliant!
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

Have just posted about free joining of SW on the frugality thread, if anyone's considering it.
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

How are you all doing?

Having spent the last week eating my own body weight in hot cross buns I am sorry to report a 3lb gain this week... :oops:

(They were really delicious though... {rofwl} )
Lucy x

jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

I out 2 on last week. Currently having a break due to birthdays and needing to get my head in gear again but will be back on plan tomorrow! Expecting a gain tonight, again :oops:

Glad you enjoyed your hot cross buns - we all need a treat now & then!
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

2 off this week - guess my 'break' hasn't hit the scales yet. Will have to be super good when I get back to plan to minimise the damage!
Bluefinch
Lively Laner

Post by Bluefinch »

Reading through some of your posts I really need some inspiration to lose weight. I have got so lazy since moving to Devon 18 months ago. I really need to get myself into gear and move more. Would love to lose 1 stone for a start (although for my health really need to lose a lot more) and then see. I lost quite a bit on SW a few years ago but when I stopped the weight went on again. Not sure how to go about it now. Have GD here for a couple of days a week - why did I need to eat the buttered crumpets that she didn't eat this afternoon?! No willpower. And I didn't need to buy hot cross buns!

I need to get a dog again which will get me walking - the cat and chickens don't help in that respect.
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

I have put on a few pounds over Easter, but like Lucy, have eaten my own body weight in unsuitable foods! Also, not exercising much at the moment }hairout{
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

Helen, I'd forgotten your health problems when posting recently. You may beat yourself up, as we all do, but I think it's only understandable that you've had problems recently. It must be difficult to plan ahead and cook if you're not feeling well.

Bluefinch, welcome to the flagellation zone! All that lovely Debn countryside to walk in (and cream teas, scrumpy.....). Is there a rambling group near you? You could take each other for a walk!

I was house-sitting for friends recently and went out for a couple of walks when the weather was nice. Really enjoyed it, but gosh so unfit! The wheezing was embarrassing.

Have also been at the buns, and chocolate, and wine and.....put on 3lbs in the last fortnight. Planning and cooking ahead for a seriously good week next week.