Positive about sorting my weight this time...

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Re: Positive about losing weight this time

Post by kate egg »

Wow Ma you certainly deserve that beer )t' Well done and keep up the good work :-D
maz24
Longlasting Laner

Post by maz24 »

Im doing Slimming World because I know the plan (used to consult for them) But its changed a lot . I also help out at a w/w class so know that plan quite well too . The soup works well on days you dont want salad ( but not with a great hunk of bread) . If I can be of any help (secretly) I will help if I can . I think a little group of friends like this can help such a lot , like your bad days have it thats yesterday todays another day my motto and it works to get you on track again. If I lose this week it will be a miricle(need a spell check on here long time since I was at school) >gl< all at this weeks weigh in Ill watch this space.

Maz
maz24
Longlasting Laner

Post by maz24 »

Ho! what a surprize , I lost 1 1/2 lbs. No treats for me going to have my fish and chips tomorrow that can be my treat. Cant afford anything else had my car M O T yesterday.
maz
ma larkin
Legendary Laner

Post by ma larkin »

HOORAH MAZ! {hug} Well done you! So thats a total of 5.5 lbs! Brilliant, enjoy your fish and chips tomorrow )eat( and good luck for the next week.

I had a rubbish day yesterday. My treat on Tuesday after weigh in was homemade lasagne. There was alot left over and Pa Larkin was not home to finish it, and I could not resist temptation and gobbled loads of it at 11 oclock yesterday morning )dwn: I was very cross at myself for being greedy and weak and because it used up half of my daily points and now I can't have my Friday night treat which I usually save up for! It was lovely though.
Anyway I have moved on today and I have just had for lunch a baked potatoe with tuna and sweetcorn that was not for once swimming in butter and it was...nice +pinn+
hhhmmm...

Ma Larkin
Sunny B
Legendary Laner

Post by Sunny B »

Never mind, Ma Larkin, you just had your Friday treat a bit early )t'
I know exactly what you mean about the baked potato without butter, though. )dwn:
Missing my little friend Sunny Clucker
maz24
Longlasting Laner

Post by maz24 »

Thats the good thing when you can get back the next day. Well done Ma Larkin . dDo you think we will all look lovely by the winter. 1stone next for you next week ( we should all go out for a drink if you do) Im aiming for 1/2 stone . anyone else got an aim for next week. )c( )c( )c( Im so pleased for you {hug&kiss} I had a jacket with beans for lunch you do get used to no butter dont you(i still prefere it with really.
Maz
ma larkin
Legendary Laner

Post by ma larkin »

I found a great way to eat baked potatoe without adding 1/2 lb butter :-D

They have to be done in the oven, but they could be started off in the microwave. In a baking tray, add a tinsy wincy bit of olive oil or spray oil along with loads of black pepper, a small amount of salt, garlic powder, chillie flakes (optional) and herb(s) of your choice. I like Rosemary. Add the partially baked potatoes and swoosh them around so they get covered and bake in the oven until they are nice and brown all over! )eat(

Good luck this week Maz, I hope you loose your 1.5 lbs! {hug}

Parents are comming today, so I reattempting the Quorn lasagne today. Hopefully it will be lower fat than the last one :?

Ma Larkin
lizziedoggarden
Legendary Laner

Post by lizziedoggarden »

I think you are all doing really well, I don,t care what anyone says, losing weight is one of the hardest, if not THE hardest things to do! Good for you all!! )c( )c( )c( )c( )c(
Don't dream it, BE it....

Am looking forward to welcoming Sunny Clucker to Woodbridge Suffolk!!!!!
maz24
Longlasting Laner

Post by maz24 »

Wow that sounds good Ma (sorry cant keep typing the rest though ive improved since being on DTL) We are doing really well arnt we . Forgot to say my startweight was 14st 6.5 cant wait to get to 13st ... Ive got no man as incentive now ( died from the big C 7yrs ago ) So happy you are out there . Dont give up on me we can do this (not to much though cant afford new clothes) Dont forget to measure your self then if you dont lose one week you may have lost inches.
Those chooks give lots of exersize ( specialy if you have to chase one) .
Im so glad I found you all on here its like haveing a whole new bunch of friends in one go.
By the way fish & chips were good did you have a drink? hope so you deserve it
Maz
ma larkin
Legendary Laner

Post by ma larkin »

That is great Maz! You sound very positive! And you are right, people are very friendly and supportive on here! I shan't be giving up but like you can't afford new clothes but luckily I have saved my smaller clothes from when I was thinner and I have told myself that if I can't get into them by the end of the year, they are going to the charity shop! And I am going to burn the 'tent tops' I have been wearing! :-D
Sorry to hear you lost your partner to the big C {hug}

Good luck for this week. When is your weigh in day Maz? Mine is on Tuesday.

Oh and yes I had some homemade wine yesterday evening but not until after I went for a long walk!

Best wishes

Ma Larkin
maz24
Longlasting Laner

Post by maz24 »

Hi Ma
my weigh day is Thurs but Im going out this week but she will weigh me wed or fri this week, Its the evenings thats worst but I am thinking of keeping something for supper to look forward to. )c( . Tommorow is my birthday and next weekend my daughter and family are takeing me out for a guess what, CHINESE yike* not too happy about it but you cant say too much can you . Ishall just have to be carefull what I pick. Bless em . But I wont let you down its only one week.
Maz
ma larkin
Legendary Laner

Post by ma larkin »

Have a wonderful Birthday Maz, and look forward to that Chinese meal!

Ma Larkin :-D
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

You have to have treats now and then especially on your birthday else your diet becomes miserable. I lost over 2 stone last year, and had a meal out most weeks plus the odd weekend away. As long as you don't fall off the wagon you will be fine, and you should enjoy it. )pty HAPPY BIRTHDAY )pty
ma larkin
Legendary Laner

Post by ma larkin »

I have lost another 4 lb's! I can't believe it, I was aiming for 2 lb's. I have lost slighty over 5 percent of my body weight :-D Of course I am now worrying I am losing too quickly, but I suppose I have so much to loose its not surprising :?
I must say I do feel different. Already I feel lighter, I have loads more energy and I have managed to get up to the allotment much more than last year and I am really enjoying my food and cooking and so is Pa!
Oddly enough I am looking forward to my 'Fat Fighters Hot Chocolate Drink' tonight more than my Tuesday night beer! :-D

Hope you had a wonderful birthday Maz!

A very happy a Larkin :-D
Start weight 14 stone 10.5lb's
Current weight 13 stone 12.5lb's
Total weight loss 12 lb's
jannie
Hedgehog Champion

Post by jannie »

Well done ma.... )t' 12 lb is a fantastic weight loss.. >mmm< >mmm<