Pierced ear problems

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
Sunny B
Legendary Laner

Pierced ear problems

Post by Sunny B »

I had my ears pierced at 16 with a gun and had no problems. I wore earrings on and off for years, sometimes leaving them out for months at a time.
The holes finally did close over, so in November I had them pierced again, this time with a needle. I've had nothing but trouble with them, including a nasty infection. On Saturday I took my earrings out, only to find yesterday that they were the devils own job to get back in again, and they are really sore and a bit gummy again. I can't understand it. {cry}
Missing my little friend Sunny Clucker
stace
Legendary Laner

Re: Pierced ear problems

Post by stace »

When my ears get sore, i clean with surgical spirit, then put some savalon cream on them. I have had mine done since i was about 17, but they do flare up sometimes, get itchy and sore
Bev xx

http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
lizziedoggarden
Legendary Laner

Post by lizziedoggarden »

I found wearing those very slim sleeper rings good for if you suffer from lobe problems. I put savlon on then very carefully twist the ring round so cream get inside the hole.
Don't dream it, BE it....

Am looking forward to welcoming Sunny Clucker to Woodbridge Suffolk!!!!!
jannie
Hedgehog Champion

Post by jannie »

You have to tell hubby to buy you the finest gold earrings.........any nickel in the earring will cause a reaction.....well that's what I heard anyway.... )w(
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Perhaps it needs leaving a little longer - why did you take your sleepers out? Were you wearing other (rubbishy) earrings?

Not saying your other earrings are rubbish or anything.... :oops: :oops:
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Homemade
Legendary Laner

Post by Homemade »

Had mine pierced when I was 40 - I know how to live!! They went yukky and I was told to get gold ones and it cleared up straight away. The surgical steel posts are ok too, they are sometimes called antiallergenic.
Quand je serai vieille je vais vivre en France
Sunny Clucker, she came, she saw, she moved on!
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

I had mine re-done about 3 months ago - it was totally painless unlike when they were done in 1978 :shock: I have solid silver studs in and was given a solution that I dipped a cotton bud in and cleaned 3 times a day at first, then twice now once a day and twist them both ways like winding a watch. Haven't had any real problems other than they still bleed if I take them out.... so they are staying put. Maybe you could go back to where you had them done and ask for some more solution? Did they re-do the same hole? If they did it could be that there is scarring inside where the old ones healed up and this shouldn't be re-pierced according to the girl that did mine. Hope yours settle down >gl<
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

jannie wrote:You have to tell hubby to buy you the finest gold earrings.........any nickel in the earring will cause a reaction.....well that's what I heard anyway.... )w(

I have heard that ¼ carat diamonds in the front helps as well.
Bah Humbug
Sunny B
Legendary Laner

Post by Sunny B »

p.penn wrote:Perhaps it needs leaving a little longer - why did you take your sleepers out? Were you wearing other (rubbishy) earrings?

Not saying your other earrings are rubbish or anything.... :oops: :oops:

So asking if I was wearing rubbishy earrings in no way implies you think I wear rubbishy earrings? :shock: (They were gold-plated ones I bought for my birthday from Sparks and Menser, I'm sure that at £3 the diamonds were the finest, S-S )grin2( )

Kate, yes, I did have the old holes re-done, I asked him to do that otherwise I thought with my bad eyesight I wouldn't know which hole was real and which was fake if I'd had them done in a different place. I didn't know you weren't supposed to. :oops:
Missing my little friend Sunny Clucker
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

I thought they would just re-do the old ones, but she felt scarring inside so said they must be done next to the old ones. I though it would look odd but you cannot see the old holes now anyway. As the old ones had closed up to the point of being painful yike* to try and get an earring in it isn't a problem finding where to insert them now. I had mine done at the Regis salon in Debenhams, they were brilliant, very attentive and helpful and with the studs (silver with cubic zircs, cannot afford diamonds {cry} ) and the little after-care kit and the actual piercing it was only £15 all-in )t'
ock

Post by ock »

if you clean the holes and earrings with salty water it helps them heal )t' , had my first earring when I was about 14, pierced about 5 or 6 holes in my ears myself with a sleeper that I sucked to clean it yike* , my nose took ages to heal, was told to clean it with surgical spirit but I think the spirit doesn`t help heal it, it just cleans it, started surfing again and it healed within a week or so because of the sea water )t'
[center]OCK LIKES TO PARTY !!!![/center]
perchy

Post by perchy »

You should know that salty dog pirate )t'
nodrogers
Lively Laner

Post by nodrogers »

I've got 4 holes in each of my ears and Haven't worn earrings probably since i left school yet they still have their weepy days! even when i haven't worn anything in them. I can only wear gold or silver earrings. the sparkly ones from clothes stores that do 'accessories' for nights out do not agree with me and i don't know why i bother putting them in because halfway thru the night they're out and tucked in my purse. Get some little gold earrings and leave them in until they aren't sore anymore, make sure the backs are nice and big too.. I had a bad experience with the ear being so swollen the back got stuck in the hole. aaaaah! or get little hoops... why do we do this to ourselves ?
Mum to 3 chooks, Daisy, Pansy & Bluebell, and my Springer Spaniel Seeley :)