Cutting out dairy...?

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
Babycakes
Legendary Laner

Cutting out dairy...?

Post by Babycakes »

Morning all.
Gorgeous little Alexis is almost 6 weeks old now and thriving )t' I'm very proud of this because I am feeding her myself (hence the one-handed typing at 6 am!)
However she suffers fron pains after feeds - not sure exactly why, but am thinkin she has a touch of reflux. She has started bringing up a bit of milk too and yesterday some mucous came up with it. She has always been a bit mucousy and has a wee hustle in her chest if you know what I nean. I know if I am mucousy then drinkiing milk would make it loads worse, so I'm wondering - if I cut dairy out from my diet would it / could it effect my milk and help clear Alexis' chest? And would it need to be all dairy or just milk? I like soya milk a lot on cereal etc so it wouldnt be too hard
Waiting to welcome Sunny Clucker to Northern Ireland!
Grannyof4
Legendary Laner

Re: Cutting out dairy...?

Post by Grannyof4 »

I can't believe she is 6 weeks old. I would speak to your Health visitor and see what she has to say. My 2nd one suffered with pyloric stenosis, which is horrendous and it went on till she was 9 months old. I am sure it would not do any harm to change to soya milk but best let the professionals answer.
wendy

Re: Cutting out dairy...?

Post by wendy »

My first one suffered terrible colic when she was really tiny.
I would do as G of 4 says, speak to a health proffessional first. Health visitor, Doctor etc.
Where has the time gone ?
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning