Season Affective Disorder (SAD)

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
cookie
Lively Laner

Season Affective Disorder (SAD)

Post by cookie »

Has nyone else who suffers with SAD noticed the difference in the last 2 of weeks, I am sleeping so much more, getting up later etc., I have a light box (not convinced it works) but feel it is early to use it yet. Anyone got any suggestions about what they do to get them through the winter or what works for them?
p.penn

Re: Season Affective Disorder (SAD)

Post by p.penn »

I know Sunny B mentioned that it was getting to her already on another thread.
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Sunny B
Legendary Laner

Post by Sunny B »

Yes, it certainly did when we had a couple of dark rainy days last week, it was quite shocking how my mood instantly plummeted like a stone.

Cookie, if you have a light box, use it as soon as possible. My friend who also suffers badly bought one and said it made a huge difference. Apart from that, just do the usual recommended things: get out as much as possible, exercise and don't give in to the urge to eat lots of stodge. Force yourself to keep busy and in contact with people, too.
Missing my little friend Sunny Clucker
rhubarb93
Legendary Laner

Post by rhubarb93 »

Might be worth trying some Zinc supplement (just a cheap one will do, nothing fancy) Helped me a while back when I had some sort of chronic fatigue, which was worse in winter. Only problem is, if you are low, it can be hard to remember to take it!
Try and get out for a while in daylight every day if you can.
Apparently, visualisation techniques using sunshine can help too.
Hope this winter is a bright one for you.