Exercise Bike

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
k66yla
Lively Laner

Exercise Bike

Post by k66yla »

Never thought I would buy one but got myself an exercise bike last week. As it looks like I've got to have an op on my knee I thought I would try some pre-hab and build the muscles up in my legs hoping on a quicker re-hab.
I've only been doing 2 x 10 mins a day but I've started noticing the difference already, my leg muscles seem to be tightening up. I do have to grit my teeth quite a lot when my knee clicks with every turn of the pedal yike* . I thought my legs were quite strong with the amount of walking I have to do but obviously a different set of muscles are used.
I do have a road bike but I'm a bit scared to take it out incase my leg locks up and I end up falling off.
Steve the Gas

Re: Exercise Bike

Post by Steve the Gas »

Think I would have the op first - then work on it slowly, hope your not causing more damage.
Sunny B
Legendary Laner

Post by Sunny B »

Sounds like a good idea to me. I'm hoping to avoid a knee op myself, and my physio has recommended cycling to build up the muscles round the knee. It most definitely does use different muscles to walking.
Good luck k66yla! )t'
Missing my little friend Sunny Clucker
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

can you ease off on the resistance and do a bit longer? it might help with the clicky knee thing.
Bah Humbug