Best exercise ever?

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
Sunny B
Legendary Laner

Best exercise ever?

Post by Sunny B »

I had my first surf lesson with my friend yesterday. It was so exhausting, and at the end of 30 gruelling minutes I managed to kneel on my surfboard briefly. No wonder you don't see fat surfers, it must burn a million calories an hour.

Today the deltoids in my left arm are so sore I can barely move it! So, much as I'm looking forward to having another go, I'll have to leave it a couple of days. {cry}
Missing my little friend Sunny Clucker
perchy

Re: Best exercise ever?

Post by perchy »

Well done you )t'

Sorry you are aching {cry} leave it a few days as you say and get back on there :-D
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Crikey, I am impressed! I am not sure I would attempt speed reading these days, let alone surfing! :shock:

Well done you! )c(
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
lizziedoggarden
Legendary Laner

Post by lizziedoggarden »

Well done Sunny-good for you!!!

If you do some warm up exercises first, such as marching on spot, calf, hamstring stretches and a full push ups against the wall before and after it may just take some of the achiness out.
If you could do some of those today it would be good, may hurt while you're doing them but will get the muscles flowing with fluids again and ease them a bit. )t'
Don't dream it, BE it....

Am looking forward to welcoming Sunny Clucker to Woodbridge Suffolk!!!!!
Sunny B
Legendary Laner

Post by Sunny B »

Ha ha, Lizzie, my warm up exercise was trying to walk down the cliff and struggling across the beach carrying the surfboard in a force ten gale!

I am normally very good at doing post-exercise streches, but just didn't think of the surfing as exercise - but I will next time!

Will do a bit of light moving around this afternoon - at least I can lift my arm up today )t'
Missing my little friend Sunny Clucker
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

When i was looking for somewhere to stay in Woolacombe (surfers paradise) last year one lot of apartments was owned by a lady in her 70s who went surfing almost every day :shock: she couldn't understand why everyone didn't do it and offered me a lesson if I had stayed there. I didn't but that wasn't the reason honest!

Have fun sunny, you'll be fit as a fiddle :-D