Poorly boy

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
Dinchy
Legendary Laner

Poorly boy

Post by Dinchy »

Was up most of last night with my 14 yr old, Ruairidh who had a really weird wheezy cough, which was bad enough for me to be ringing the Doctors at 8 o'clock this morning for an emergency appointment.
The doc was lovely, she said straight away that I had done the right thing in bringing him. She did a peak flow test as his breathing sounded bad, and it was very poor. She gave him blue and brown inhalers and steroid tablets, plus a peak flow meter so I could check his lung function every 3 hours. We left with strict instructions to ring immediately if his peak flow dropped below a certain number, since he would have to go to hospital. The lovely doctor has since rung me TWICE to check how he is doing, and I have to take him back first thing in the morning.
His peak flow number has gradually increased over the day, although it is still low. Just typical that hubby is down in London until late tomorrow. Fingers crossed for a quiet night >fi<
lizziedoggarden
Legendary Laner

Re: Poorly boy

Post by lizziedoggarden »

Poor lad! Nothing worse than struggling with breathing, hope you both have a peaceful night >fi<
Don't dream it, BE it....

Am looking forward to welcoming Sunny Clucker to Woodbridge Suffolk!!!!!
perchy

Post by perchy »

Oh dear, hope he will soon be on the mend and you both have a restful night )t' what a lovely Dr worth their weight in gold )t'
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

Hope he's feeling better soon {hug&kiss}
What a fab doctor... hang onto that one )t'

Lucy x
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
Bambi
Lively Laner

Post by Bambi »

Sounds like a fab doctor !!! Hope he gets better soon lots of really horrible bugs going round just at the tail end of one 2 weeks down the road.

Sending best wishes for your son
Busy full time working mum to two gorgeous girls, 5 posh birds, a cat called Brambles, a kitten called Buttons , wife to Adrian, and novice gardener loving the good life just call me Barbara !!!

>eas2<
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Aww - hope he improves quickly. {hug} As others have said - great doctor!
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Hi Dinchy,

So sorry to hear that, children are such a worry when something isn't right aren't they. I guess the positive side is they all seem to go through some phase or illness or other and come back bouncing the other end of it.

There is no such love than that of your children I think, so you take care. There are many here sending their thoughts your way.

Richard x
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Sara

Post by Sara »

Sending lots of hugs to both of you {hug}

Having trouble breathing is horrible...... Im very impressed with your doctor though. Sounds like shes really on the ball.... )t'
[center]Happy to have shown Titchy Clucker a little corner of France[/center]

Sara XxX