Interesting points about the Chile rescue

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Interesting points about the Chile rescue

Post by Richard »

One thing that stuck out for me whilst watching the BBC yesterday was the remark that all the Miners were coming out looking a lot fitter and healhier than they did before they went down there so many days ago.

Freed from the 'temptations' if you like of not so good food, drink and cigs, they were eating essentially good stuff plus keeping to a fitness plan etc.

Think I said this before, but the same applied during WW2 when people in the UK, because of rations, essential foods only and home grown, were effectively fitter than they had been for years previously.

It does make you look at yourselves a bit doesn't it and ask 'do I really need this' etc. I could certainly learn a lot from it.

Richard )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Stormrider
Lively Laner

Re: Interesting points about the Chile rescue

Post by Stormrider »

Well, there's at least one miner who's going to need to be in fighting trim.

I get the feeling he might need to defend himself from his wife after she met his mistress while he was down there!
Sunny B
Legendary Laner

Post by Sunny B »

I wonder if they were sent supplements, otherwise they would have had vitamin D deficiency with no light.

Very shocked when they said one of them was 50 and had been working down the mine since he was 12 :shock:
Missing my little friend Sunny Clucker
Maggie1

Post by Maggie1 »

Did anybody hear anymore about the miner who had wife and mistress waiting for him. I saw him greeted by his wife but I expect the mistress stayed away as they only was allowed 2 to greet them.
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

Maggie1 wrote:Did anybody hear anymore about the miner who had wife and mistress waiting for him. I saw him greeted by his wife but I expect the mistress stayed away as they only was allowed 2 to greet them.

It was the mistress who greeted him, his wife refused to attend (don't blame her)...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... pital.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Let's just hope that they can continue their lives without the need for the evil weed now they are out. Hmmm.... maybe we could all do with an enforced stint down a mine. I'd look and feel a lot better if I was deprived of f.ags, chocolate and wine for a couple of months (although I may have gone into a rage and mur.dered my cohabitants :oops: )

Lucy x
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
Dinchy
Legendary Laner

Post by Dinchy »

I've not heard anything more about him Maggie. It was funny that noone seemed sure whether it was his wife that met him. I loved the reporters comment 'He gives this lady a hug, whoever she is.' {rofwl}
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Ha ha ha! She was probably the tea lady.
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
AL37
Admin Moderator

Post by AL37 »

I heard one of the miners was claustrophobic and scared of the dark. :shock:
Seams like an odd job for someone suffering from claustrophobia, although when neads must I would think most things can be overcome.
[center]Relax, I could have been a twin.[/center]
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

I heard an odd one - one of the miners was quoted as saying he 'regretted having his job'. I just thought that was an odd way to put it!

Mind you, he probably will never have to work again - I just hope the fame and fortune brings happiness.
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
mikey
Lively Laner

Post by mikey »

I rememder watching a program a few years back where they recreated a wild west outpost. After a few weeks the wife of one of those taking part was raising hell because other half was loosing to much weight and must be very ill. When they got the medics in they passed him as A1 fit and pointed out that following the weeks of hard work without modern fast food etc he had reached his right weight.