Yoga

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
morph
Longlasting Laner

Yoga

Post by morph »

I used to go to yoga classes (ashtanga), but have given them up now I've got my horse!

Anybody know of a good yoga dvd I could buy? - I need to maintain and improve my suppleness and core strength for riding, but not sure what to buy. I want to be able to do a 30 min and 60 min session depending on time
Small steps lead to big changes
wendy

Post by wendy »

No help,
But Spencer and I go to Pilates twice a week. Brilliant. Don't ever think it is a gentle exercise, we really do some cardio vasucular as well now.
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
morph
Longlasting Laner

Post by morph »

ashtanga yoga is just like that - you're definitely sweating after all those sun salutations and upward/downward facing dogs!!
Small steps lead to big changes
Emmamoo
Lively Laner

Post by Emmamoo »

morph wrote:ashtanga yoga is just like that - you're definitely sweating after all those sun salutations and upward/downward facing dogs!!

I bought a yoga for beginners dvd from a charity shop but I didn't like it. I prefer going to classes. Would you like my dvd? It's that sun worshippy type with down dog etc. Not a bad dvd but I got bored on my own.
****Emma****

...Ever the optimist!
misty
Legendary Laner

Post by misty »

Morph, ride yer 'orse. Much better for you out in the fresh air. You can do lots of excerise on horse back and it's fun for the horse.
seahorse
Legendary Laner

Post by seahorse »

I agree with misty, riding is great fun, my thigh muscles are rock solid but it does nothing for my belly :shock: I need more core tone too (f+ . Must do more belly dancing on my own , as teacher isnt running classes at the moment confused>
Looove chucks!
ntcrane
Learner Laner

good DVD

Post by ntcrane »

I have this one and it is great - it has short versions of the Ashtanga series in 15, 30 and 45 min format that work all the main bits.

Ashtanga Yoga Short Forms DVD - David Swenson

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ashtanga-Yoga-S ... 703&sr=1-2

Link is for Amazon but i am sure you can get it cheaper elsewhere
Niel