Been to the Gym

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
Neil stuart
Lively Laner

Been to the Gym

Post by Neil stuart »

I have been to the Gym for the first time ever. I have had my back opperation in September and can walk again. :-D The doctor offered me the chance to attend the Active life program. I have to say i have thoroughly enjoyed it, i have allways looked like a salad dodger {rofwl} and thought these kind of places were not for me. But i just wanted to say if anyone is offered the chance, take it cant wait to go again and at £3.00 a go for two hours at the gym, its a bargin. they give a full induction and a physio works out a program for you.
perchy

Re: Been to the Gym

Post by perchy »

Salad dodger {rofwl} {rofwl}

Good for you )t'
wendy

Post by wendy »

Well done you and that price is brilliant. )t'
We used a gym for years until I had an injury. My OH still goes 3/4 times a week.
I go to pilates, you should try that also. Brilliant for back problems....or any other to be honest.
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Super Steve
Learner Laner

Post by Super Steve »

Good for you Neil,

Have to say that the price quoted is very good value for money.

Ive been lifting weights for about 20 years now and never really got motivated into joining a local gym so bought a set of free weights, kettlebells and a rowing machine which i can all use indoors.

Gives me no excuse not to workout when i get home in the evening!
ock

Post by ock »

I found that I couldn`t really get into it at home, always something more interesting to do/watch, plus at a gym the weights are so much heavier than I could get for home, going to the gym is so much better for me, it really helps to have a training partner too, someone to really push you and give you loads of grief if you don`t turn up )grin2(, training at home with free weights does work well too though, just not for me, I keep stopping to watch telly {rofwl}
[center]OCK LIKES TO PARTY !!!![/center]
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

And there are a lot more mirrors in the gym in which one can admire oneself and checkout ones own muscles…..errrrm sorry check that you are doing the exercise properly. I go to the gym three or four time a week, although I tend to use the CV equipment more than the weights (it allows me to drink more beer without putting too much belly on).
Bah Humbug
lizziedoggarden
Legendary Laner

Post by lizziedoggarden »

Cardio is good for stamina, lifting heavy weights and really pushing yourself so the muscle fatigues actually burns more calories for longerso you could have more beer.. )grin2(
Don't dream it, BE it....

Am looking forward to welcoming Sunny Clucker to Woodbridge Suffolk!!!!!
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

I used to do Weights.

(Players Weights, then went on to No.6)

)j;
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
lizziedoggarden
Legendary Laner

Post by lizziedoggarden »

Richard wrote:I used to do Weights.

(Players Weights, then went on to No.6)

)j;

yike* {rofwl}
Don't dream it, BE it....

Am looking forward to welcoming Sunny Clucker to Woodbridge Suffolk!!!!!
AL37
Admin Moderator

Post by AL37 »

Some time ago I decided to concentrate on one particular part of my body at any one time. So far I have been working on my belly for fifteen years, you should see the size of it now. )grin2(
[center]Relax, I could have been a twin.[/center]
perchy

Post by perchy »

AL37 wrote:Some time ago I decided to concentrate on one particular part of my body at any one time. So far I have been working on my belly for fifteen years, you should see the size of it now. )grin2(

{rofwl} {rofwl}

and it's worked {rofwl}
manda

Post by manda »

{rofwl} ...I just bought and spinning bike but the saddle is so flipping uncomfortable!!! I'm going to get a new gel one and then have a wide load sign put on the back of it (just in case anyone wants to overtake me in the lounge....then I won't need to stop to watch TV )grin2( )
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

...and there was me thinking you had only bought a part of a spinning bike Manda- you know - a spinning wheel. {rofwl}
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
newto
Longlasting Laner

Post by newto »

p.penn wrote:...and there was me thinking you had only bought a part of a spinning bike Manda- you know - a spinning wheel. {rofwl}

{rofwl} {rofwl} {rofwl}
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

I guess I'm just a cynical old git, but I guess a Gym does give you discipline whereas at home it's like many of the 'do it later' things.

Someone close to me has just converted a fairly large building at the bottom of the garden and put well over 5 figures worth of Gym stuff in there.

One of them said to me they were off for a Run, I thought they meant the Park which is about 200 meters away, but they meant the Gym 20 meters down the garden!!

But their opinion was the money spent on belonging to their respective Gyms was better spent as an investment and they were 'at home' more with the kids as the travelling was quite a lot.

Fair enough I guess, I'll stick to carrying Sports Drinks up two flights of Kent Cricket Club stairs all day from March - September.
Anyway, I think I'm fitter than half the Players sometimes !!
Mind you, the Physio comes in handy!

Richard )t'

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome