My Knee hurts

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
Panteg Produce
Legendary Laner

My Knee hurts

Post by Panteg Produce »

I have been out on my bike today for the first time in about 3 months.
I intend to do a lot more cycling this year and get some fitness back.
But I only did just over 20 miles and me left knee hurts like hell on the
outside edge and it's really painfull to walk particularly up stairs.This is a bit of shock to someone who not too long ago used to ride 60 - 70 miles in a day.Should I be concerned or is it just due to my recent inactivity

Rich

{cry}
Live a simple life and be happy , Rich.
p.penn

Re: My Knee hurts

Post by p.penn »

Hmmm. Knees can be tricky. Doesn't sound too good to me I'm afraid - take anti inflammatories regularly, apply cold ice packs, and rest it.
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Annie »

Although 20 miles isn't your usual distance ,after a lay off of 3 months probably just a bit too far,tempting to overdo things when your enjoying yourself . Ice packs anti inflams and rest sound a good start but if no relief in a couple of days seek proper advice if I were you
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Oh dear, of course I agree with that! :oops:
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
perchy

Post by perchy »

If it is any consolation Mr Perchy cycles mosts days and on the Sunday club run they can do 80 miles or more yike* they have all struggled to get out with the weather and today they went and did 30 miles and they are all shattered and having some aches and pains, I would take anti inflam, rest and ice packs, and of course seek advice if it really doesn't seem right, did you warm up before you set off?
Panteg Produce
Legendary Laner

Post by Panteg Produce »

perchy wrote:If it is any consolation Mr Perchy cycles mosts days and on the Sunday club run they can do 80 miles or more yike* they have all struggled to get out with the weather and today they went and did 30 miles and they are all shattered and having some aches and pains, I would take anti inflam, rest and ice packs, and of course seek advice if it really doesn't seem right, did you warm up before you set off?

Thanks all , no I didn'nt warm up , but then I never have just start off nice and steady.But it was particularly cold yesterday and i'm sure that wont have helped!.Feels a bit better today though .

Rich
Live a simple life and be happy , Rich.
perchy

Post by perchy »

The cold will have alot to do with it too I guess, Mr Perchy has a turbo so can cycle in the house, but the cold have affected alot of the club members )t'
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Glad it is feeling a bit better today. )t'
Helen xx