Suppose I'll struggle through!

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
Mallard
Legendary Laner

Suppose I'll struggle through!

Post by Mallard »

Violins please, sore throat, runny nose, feeling worn out! {cry}
I've had my flu jabs, so I'll have to brave it to the shops because I've run out of a few things!
Mind you I wouldn't have got any sympathy from my late wife, she was an SRN who trained in the days of Hattie Jaques style matrons; all men are natural malingerers! yike*
I'd like to live as a poor man with lots of money.
- Pablo Picasso
wendy

Re: Suppose I'll struggle through!

Post by wendy »

yike* Man flu !!!!! you take care, Mallard, we all know how very, very serious this is. {hug}
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
perchy

Post by perchy »

So sorry to hear you have man flu yike*

It is strange how only men get it {rofwl}
ock

Post by ock »

OMG ! ! ! Mallard, man flu ! take it easy mate yike* , I know how you feel, I had it a while back, it can really knock you for 6 can`t it, I don`t think I would risk a trip to the shops, maybe you could phone the NHS helpline, when you tell then it`s man flu they will send someone out to pick the stuff up for you )t' , tell them to pick you up some potnoddles, crisps, cans of larger and a tv guild, then get yourself off to bed and wait it out, it`s going to take your body to hell and back but be strong mate, all the male members on here are thinking of you in your hour of need )t' , I hope you feel better soon, but don`t try and do too much, let it take it`s course )t'

don`t expect too much sympathy from the ladies, they just don`t know how bad man flu is )gr:
[center]OCK LIKES TO PARTY !!!![/center]
Mallard
Legendary Laner

Post by Mallard »

Thanks everyone, especially Ock, who understands! )t'
I've been to the local Morons, had to get my neighbour her paper and I'd almost run out of fruit juice. Struggled to peel a few spuds for sausage and mash this evening (with fried red onions, gravy, carrots and just a morsel of bananas with toffee custard).
Now I think I'll switch off the 'puter and have a nap. I have some American medicine made by a Mr. Daniels, so I'll muddle through! ~eep~
- Pablo Picasso
perchy

Post by perchy »

Mallard wrote:Thanks everyone, especially Ock, who understands! )t'
I've been to the local Morons, had to get my neighbour her paper and I'd almost run out of fruit juice. Struggled to peel a few spuds for sausage and mash this evening (with fried red onions, gravy, carrots and just a morsel of bananas with toffee custard).
Now I think I'll switch off the 'puter and have a nap. I have some American medicine made by a Mr. Daniels, so I'll muddle through! ~eep~

Bless Jack {hug&kiss} he's always there for you )w(
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Annie »

Mallard are you sure its man flu which is so debilatating or just a reaction to the jab you had ? I think you need to 'fess up - are you just looking for tlc ? {hug}
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
Mallard
Legendary Laner

Post by Mallard »

Alex. & Annie wrote:Mallard are you sure its man flu which is so debilatating or just a reaction to the jab you had ? I think you need to 'fess up - are you just looking for tlc ? {hug}

I've just woken from my nap :? Of course when man flu has to be endured alone, one has to make the best of it! But I always have an hour's chat on the phone with my favourite sister every Sunday, so no doubt I'll get a bit of sympathy +pinn+
Tomorrow I shall trudge the mile to the plots to plant a grape vine and check on the cat! )t'
- Pablo Picasso
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Sorry to hear you are poorly Mallard although for goodness sake, don't buy the 'pot noddles' that Ock suggested. {rofwl}
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Mallard
Legendary Laner

Post by Mallard »

p.penn wrote:Sorry to hear you are poorly Mallard although for goodness sake, don't buy the 'pot noddles' that Ock suggested. {rofwl}

Hate them! yike*
Feeling a bit better now, just put a drop of medicinal brandy in my cocoa and finished a packet of raisin and lemon pancakes I found at half price in Morons this morning! )t'
- Pablo Picasso
Mallard
Legendary Laner

Post by Mallard »

Still coughing all over everyone, but its frugal flu, if I put the heating off I don't cough so much! :-D
Found this friendly site:
http://www.manflu.org.uk/index.php
- Pablo Picasso
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

yike* {rofwl}
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
newto
Longlasting Laner

Post by newto »

{rofwl} {rofwl}