Pacemakers

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
lizziedoggarden
Legendary Laner

Pacemakers

Post by lizziedoggarden »

Mum is having one fitted tomorrow..does anyone have any experience of these? Any advice? Thanks.. :-D )t'
Don't dream it, BE it....

Am looking forward to welcoming Sunny Clucker to Woodbridge Suffolk!!!!!
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Re: Pacemakers

Post by Annie »

No I don't Lizzie ,though I believe its a straight forward procedure (as are most heart ops these days, amazing isnt it?). Wishing your mum a speedy recovery and hope you don't have too much of a worrying time.
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

I don't have a pacemaker but suffer with atrial fibrillation, so have read about them, as in the future it may be something I will need. I believe it is a simple procedure, where the pacemaker is actually put under the skin.
I'm sure your mum will be fine. My husband had a triple bi-pass and new heart valve last year. When I see him digging away on the allotment, I can't believe he is the same man.

All the best to you and your mum

June
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

Sorry Lizzie, no experience either. But like A&A have said, I've heard it is far simpler these days with remarkable results. Best of luck to your mum for a quick recovery and a hug to you. Try not to worry {hug}
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
lizziedoggarden
Legendary Laner

Thank you for your kind wishes..am sure Mum will be fine )t' {hug}

Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

How did it go Lizzie? {hug}
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
lizziedoggarden
Legendary Laner

Where do I start? :?
She phoned up at 7.30 to check it was still ok, normal practice, they said call back at 11 to make sure, still no bed, then she called again at 12 and they told her it was cancelled. {mr.angry}
So my sister called up to complain as mum was in floods of tears, she was meant to have the op end of Jan by the latest and magically they called back at 1 to say a bed had become available..funny that..but by then mum had had a cuppa, only a few sips but then while the bed was there, there was no surgeon :?
So it's be arranged for 16th March now but she needs it done..her heart is beating 24 times a minute at worst. I took her pulse yesterday and its very low.
It's annoying as both my sister and I had taken 2 days off work :?

Thanks for asking Lucy.. {hug}

madmum
Legendary Laner

Post by madmum »

Oh my *****!Dont you just love the NHS }hairout{
If you always do what you always do ,you will always get what you have always got!
bluebell
Legendary Laner

Post by bluebell »

Lizzie - it seems you are having your fair share of hospitals lately. Weird, that after your brother in law got such good treatment,that your mum has to wait.

Sadly, NHS is under a great deal of pressure. It's who do they turn away for care and who do they chuck out of hospital early.

The alternative is to go private, but not everyone can afford that. At the end of the day I'm sure they will get your mum sorted out.

All I can say is thank goodness we have the NHS! We've got a lot to be grateful for regarding this.
http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Helping to give ex-battery hens a fresh start!

http://thevintagebelles.blogspot.co.uk/
lizziedoggarden
Legendary Laner

Thanks Lorna and MM {hug}
Am sure it will go ahead next time >fi<
and it does seem weird that they looked after Rich so well and Mum not so well but we have alot to be thankful for..my brother lives in the US and had a serious hip/back op 3 years ago and if he didn't have heaith insurance, not sure what would've happened :shock:

Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

That must have been agonisingly frustrating for your mum (and you & sister too!), fingers crossed it all goes to plan on 16th March >fi< {hug}
Lucy x

jannie
Hedgehog Champion

Post by jannie »

How upsetting for your Mum and family !...Hope it goes ahead on the 16th and she is back to good health soon.. {hug}
lizziedoggarden
Legendary Laner

Thank you everyone.. {hug}

Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Yes, our Pops has one. He got it fitted in 2009 and had quadruple bypass surgery in 2001.

Sorry to hear your mum's procedure got cancelled Lizzie +confused+ could you maybe ring up her consultant? Does he/she know that her heart rate is running at 24?
{hug}
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
lizziedoggarden
Legendary Laner

Yes he knows, but he can't do much about it. He cancelled other ops to get her in 16 March )t'