Back has gone again..

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Re: Back has gone again..

Post by Benny&Co »

So glad you're able to cut your hours at the school and I'd echo Maggie's advice there Lizzie and goto a class with a good teacher )t'
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Steve the Gas wrote:Maggie - which ones did they fuse?
Mine - L5 to S1

Oooch Steve {cry}

I've looked after many teenagers having various forms of spinal fusion.
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
Maggie1

Post by Maggie1 »

Beat you by one Steve. I had L4, L5 and S1. If anybody is thinking we're talking gobbeldygook its the lumber part of the spine from the waist to the tailbone.
Steve the Gas

Post by Steve the Gas »

If we're gonna play that game ......... Sciatica 24/7 and a heart attack, hope no-one can beat that.....
Maggie1

Post by Maggie1 »

No thankyou, very nice of you to offer but no. Got high blood pressure and awaiting knee replacement does that count
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Maggie1 wrote:Beat you by one Steve. I had L4, L5 and S1. If anybody is thinking we're talking gobbeldygook its the lumber part of the spine from the waist to the tailbone.

Hehehe I know what you're on about )t' :-D
Bev x

Sara

Post by Sara »

Lizzie; Another vote for yoga here..... As you know ive not had the easiest of years and during the winter i got to the point of being so stressed that it was hard to get through every day :oops: ...... I decided to start yoga to loose a bit of wieght and found that it helped me relax and the stress levels slipped away.... Its honestly one of the best things i ever started. Now i do it every evening when liv goes to bed and it unwinds me before marc gets home (he doesnt get shouted at any more for whats happened during the day)
I have a class every month, and practise very carefully what ive learnt the rest of the time...... Ive had bolts in my knee and a back injury for years that would flare up and leave me in agony but since ive started yoga it has improved.... Go for it.... It will leave you feeling relaxed and calm... :-D
[center]Happy to have shown Titchy Clucker a little corner of France[/center]

Sara XxX
rhubarb93
Legendary Laner

Post by rhubarb93 »

I am convinced that when your energy is low, your body will find a weak point to go. May be a way of making you slow down a bit?
Have you tried some aromatherapy oils in a hot bath? Lavender and rosemary are very good at relaxing muscles and soothing generally - great just before bed.
But they must be real essential oils, not just synthetic perfumes.
Hope you feel better soon.
lizziedoggarden
Legendary Laner

Post by lizziedoggarden »

Definitely want to try Yoga..but at the moment I'm struggling to find a class near me..nearest at present is nearly 25 miles away.. :? but I will keep looking but thanks for all the tips {hug} )t'
Don't dream it, BE it....

Am looking forward to welcoming Sunny Clucker to Woodbridge Suffolk!!!!!
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

It's worth checking for yoga classes with the local schools - a lot of classes seem to be held in school halls of an evening and don't get widely advertised )t'

But definitely do a class rather than try it on your own :-D
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Or maybe check out your local council adult education too? Our local one runs lots of different courses.

Also local council leisure centre's and gyms too will no doubt run classes.
Bev x