How far did you walk today?

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

How far did you walk today?

Post by Meanqueen »

I had a day free today and I wanted to change my library books without spending any money. The library is 5 miles away in the town centre. I know I thought, I will walk, then I get the benefit of the excercise, I need to get my fitness levels up. It took me 1hour 40 minutes each way, I think the average walking speed is 3mph.

It would be interesting to ask how far have you walked? and record everyones walking distances. Let's see who walks the most miles in a week.

Ilona
)old(
almost 59
wendy

Post by wendy »

Well the dogs are walked at least twice a day for an hour a time. I also walk my friends guide dog and others people's dogs for approx the same time.
We always walk to Watford which is a good couple of miles when we go. So it is a tidy sum.
Never thought to add it up. It is just something we do. Only use the car if we need to be somewhere faster or it is too far to walk
Wendy
)old(
almost 64
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
morph
Longlasting Laner

Post by morph »

Wow - that's great. If I didn't work, then I'm sure I'd have time to walk that far!!
If I walked to see my horse (5 miles away), I wouldn't have any time to be with her after work, and I wouldn't have time to study for my next exams in 2 weeks!!!!! (f+

I walked around my garden yesterday, in between studying - does that count?? ^b:
Small steps lead to big changes
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

That's a lot of walking, Wendy, you don't realise how much all the bits add up. On my way to town, I was on a 'high', being aware of the birds, basking in the sunshine, a spring in my step, looking forward to saying I have done 10 miles today. I was a little weary the last mile home.

At home I sat down for 10 mins, and thought of Ben waiting for me to take him out, so off I set again. Just having him greet me when I go to collect him is well woth the effort. I love dog walking.
see my page for my dog walk
http://www.freewebs.com/ilonaloveslife/ilovewalking.htm

enjoy your walking
Ilona
almost 59
)t'
rachell24
Lively Laner

Post by rachell24 »

morph wrote:I walked around my garden yesterday, in between studying - does that count?? ^b:

I think you need to run round your garden twenty times today Morph to make up for your slovenly ways. )j;

Since deciding to get rid of my car Ive quite enjoyed walking. Places I would routinely drive to in the car I am beginning to think, Ill walk there next time. My OH even walked to the "local" shops, yesterday for a loaf of bread when normally he would just drive.

I've got a long way before Im as "green" as you Wendy and Ilona, but Im working on it.

Rachel
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

Yesterday I walked right around Twickenham, stopped periodically to sample beer, wine, cider, port sandwiches, pork pies etc... does that count?
Bah Humbug
wendy

Post by wendy »

Every year I walk the Battersea dogs in the Lords Mayors Parade. We walk to the Mansion house from London Wall and then back again.
We have driven around there very often. But it is wonderful to actually walk and see the beauty of the buildings in this City.
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
misty
Legendary Laner

Post by misty »

I walked round Watton Horse Fair today and viewed the sights (oh what sights).

Rode my horse for a bit in the back garden then did some free schooling which ended up with me doing quite a bit of 'running'!