Struggling to do exercise.

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
chriskitty572
Lively Laner

Re: Struggling to do exercise.

Post by chriskitty572 »

Hi, I know just how you feel. I not only have arthritis but the bone age of 80, I am 57.

As for your walking, I would do little in the morning and again in the afternoon rather than in one go and feel it is a struggle. It will only turn you off doing it and you will fail. I know this works and it can give you something to look forward to if you set yourself little targets. I give myself tea in the garden with the chooks and one biscuit as a reward (you must find your own reward system)

As for swimming, I look like a weeble. But I go really early in the morning when they do only lane swimming...... no one looks at you. See if your local pool is open early, but only once or twice max to start off with and more only when and if you want to.

I agree with the supplements of Omega 3, I also have Cod Liver oil and cook with only olive oil (as far as possible). Try and cut out as much processed food as possible and that includes margarine and any low fat yoghurts. Better to have less, than have something that has little to do with a cow. Please read labels you will be surprised at what is processed and what is not.

If it is raining and I don't want to go out, I "potter" round the house. I take things upstairs one or two at a time and you will be surprised at how much you will have actually done. The key really is don't think you have to "do" excercise, you are doing something with a little reward at the end of it. Or walk to your favourite shop or cafe. Whatever it takes to motivate you, but be gentle with your body. It will all come right if you take small steps and build from there.
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

How are you all getting along with your exercising? I've not been on for a short while as we've had internet problems.

I'm pleased to report that I've got going again :-D

Been to Devon and Cornwall and did a bit of swimming there and lots of walking, then I did the Race for Life on Saturday. I'm not a jogger by any means but walked at a fast pace all the 5K.

Have also (at last) returned to the gym, went yesterday and again today. Day off tomorrow, but I'm pleased to have got going once again )c(
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
Sunny B
Legendary Laner

Post by Sunny B »

A woman at my aquarobics class says that it's been the best thing ever for her arthritis, so give water based exercise a go.
I agree that during the day there are all shapes and sizes at the pool, so no need to be shy.
Missing my little friend Sunny Clucker