Cracked heals

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
Dave
Legendary Laner

Cracked heals

Post by Dave »

Any one got a cure
I have one deep crack in my heal I have been soaking my foot until the skin goes wrinkly then soaking the heal in e45 stuff
I do use a razor blade to remove the hard skin
The skin on my heal is slowly goeing softer
What do others do ? And does it work
I have to do this every few months and I have had enough

What a lovely subject to talk about on a Sunday morning !
"The trouble with quotes over the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." -- Abraham Lincoln
Sunny B
Legendary Laner

Re: Cracked heals

Post by Sunny B »

The shop of body does a good hemp body butter, I've found that very good for all sorts of skin problems.
Missing my little friend Sunny Clucker
baileysgnasha
Legendary Laner

Post by baileysgnasha »

I find double base cream a real good cream for most skin problems, Hubby uses my cream on his feet when he suffers this problem and it works for him )t'
Andrea- Sunny Clucker fan awaiting her arrival in Kettering,Northamptonshire.
LittleBrownFrog

Post by LittleBrownFrog »

Any cream with urea in will be especially good for cracked heels.
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

I use my good old foot file from body shop and scholl cracked heal repair cream. The cream is fab. My heals were gruesome after a long winter but a good dlopo of that every night for a couple of weeks and they're now looking as smooth as a baby's bum )t'
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
wendy

Post by wendy »

I get calendular cream, made by an old fashioned homoeopathic
Really brilliant.
If you want I can pm you his telephone number.
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
madmum
Legendary Laner

Post by madmum »

I use scholl cracked heel cream it is very good )t' if you can find some lanolin smother your heels with it and put some cotton socks on they will be softer and less painful in the morning )t'
If you always do what you always do ,you will always get what you have always got!
Bollybarb
Legendary Laner

Post by Bollybarb »

another vote for scholl cracked heel cream, it is wonderful stuff even works on my OH's feet!!
I have chickens Blaze, Star and Comet, who have met Sunny Clucker in Cheshire :-)
I'm training to be a midwife!!!!!
rhubarb93
Legendary Laner

Post by rhubarb93 »

Try my "Magic Cream" for split skin on heels or fingertips, from my days as a pharmacist;-

Buy a small pot of Zinc and Caster Oil Cream from the chemists (baby section, usually) and ask for some Friar's Balsam Tincture (Benzoin Compound Tincture) which is like a resin.
Stir some of the tincture into the cream until it is pale coffee coloured (about 10%)
Rub gently into the split a couple of times a day. The Benzoin coats the split, keeps it moist and stops it splitting open again as it is flexible, while the cream helps it heal.

Works like magic!
Steve the Gas

Post by Steve the Gas »

Impressed )t'
tiameg
Lively Laner

Post by tiameg »

rhubarb93 wrote:Try my "Magic Cream" for split skin on heels or fingertips, from my days as a pharmacist;-

Buy a small pot of Zinc and Caster Oil Cream from the chemists (baby section, usually) and ask for some Friar's Balsam Tincture (Benzoin Compound Tincture) which is like a resin.
Stir some of the tincture into the cream until it is pale coffee coloured (about 10%)
Rub gently into the split a couple of times a day. The Benzoin coats the split, keeps it moist and stops it splitting open again as it is flexible, while the cream helps it heal.

Works like magic!

That sound fab! Have a buddy who has suffered with her hands for years since working for a short time in a hairdressers. She been to docs many times and tried all sorts, nothing has helped- will deff suggest this to her. Thanks :)
I love egg. In fact sometimes I think I'm going to turn into a big giant egg. - Fr Dougal McGuire
Dinchy
Legendary Laner

Post by Dinchy »

Sunny B wrote:The shop of body does a good hemp body butter, I've found that very good for all sorts of skin problems.

They do a hemp foot protector cream. It's tghe only one that works for me, but you have to be sure to treat it every day.
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Are they heel-ing?
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
tiameg
Lively Laner

Post by tiameg »

rhubarb93 wrote:Try my "Magic Cream" for split skin on heels or fingertips, from my days as a pharmacist;-

Works like magic!

Big thank you for this, my friend had had problems with her hands for years since working in a hairdressers. She's tried this and they are finally starting to look better, thanks :)
I love egg. In fact sometimes I think I'm going to turn into a big giant egg. - Fr Dougal McGuire