Aloe Vera

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
Sunny B
Legendary Laner

Aloe Vera

Post by Sunny B »

Has anyone used this at all?

I've got a plant and last night tried drinking a bit - liquidised a quarter of a leaf's worth of gel in some pineapple juice. Not great tasting, but not too dire. How much would you recommend as a daily dose? I'm hoping it might help my tennis elbow.

Then I used another quarter of a leaf's gel on my face as it's supposed to make you look younger. :-D It felt very tight when it dried; a bit like an instant facelift!
Missing my little friend Sunny Clucker
p.penn

Re: Aloe Vera

Post by p.penn »

yike* I didn't realise you could drink it.

I have an aloe vera plant too but have never done anything with it (other than watch it flower). I knew you could use it on burns (well I think you can) .
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
baileysgnasha
Legendary Laner

Post by baileysgnasha »

My mum uses it for her eczema , I personally use double base for mine but I have heard you can do alsorts with Aloe vera not sure about drinking it though yike*
Andrea- Sunny Clucker fan awaiting her arrival in Kettering,Northamptonshire.
manda

Post by manda »

Brilliant plant ...pretty much most of the uses have been put HERE

You need to be sure which plant it is you have because there aren't many (4) that are fit for human consumption and there is one that is the best one to use..Barbendosis Miller (?spelling on that can't remember the name properly), the older the plant the better.

Don't know doses though sorry ....but think I might have a munge about on the net today and see what I can find.....
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

A munge? :shock:

Not heard that expression before! {rofwl}
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
manda

Post by manda »

I don't know when I first heard it ...I know it was when I was a kid...just you know having a look about ....but I just looked for a definition on the net if there was one and...it has something about hacking and combining someones details to create a new one yike*
Well I'm sticking with my definition...but I still haven't had a munge for Aloe Vera doses yet )grin2(
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
Sunny B
Legendary Laner

Post by Sunny B »

I've been mungeing, Manda, and found a litre bottle that costs £20 yike* and it said 2 - 8 oz a day. My poor plant (and it is the right one, I checked with goggle images) would be no more very soon at that rate.

I've always kept a plant for sunburn.
Missing my little friend Sunny Clucker
manda

Post by manda »

Did have this amongst some info and it's got stuff on doses. I haven't got anything else to compare it to though.

http://www.herbsarespecial.com.au/free- ... -vera.html
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

bosephus
Lively Laner

Post by bosephus »

We have been using it in Spain for years, it's great on sunburn! Just cut it open lengthways and smear it on. Can't imagine drinking it though, whenever it has accidentally got in my mouth is has tasted awful - bleergh!