Menopause Strange Sypmtoms

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
stace
Legendary Laner

Re: Menopause Strange Sypmtoms

Post by stace »

I do have a bad neck i have had Spondylosis for about 10 years, and it has gotten bad this last 6 months or so, it could be a little of both. I did go out with the girls last night, Pete made me go! Glad i went really had a lovely evening and a large glass of red )t' Did not have any symptoms at all when i was out, so that was good, i think it's mind over matter sometimes.

{hug}
Bev xx

http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
madmum
Legendary Laner

Post by madmum »

It is hell being at the mercy of fluctuating hormones }hairout{ Yesterday i couldnt even face being on here cos i felt so miserable and panicky and stressed........ {cry} Today nothing has changed but feel like a different person +confused+ Take each day as it comes and know that each day will be different,not necessarily better )j; ,just different {hug}
If you always do what you always do ,you will always get what you have always got!
stace
Legendary Laner

Post by stace »

Wouldn't it be lovely just to wake up in the morning and feel normal? Not felt like that in a long time madmum. {hug}
Bev xx

http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
Panteg Produce
Legendary Laner

Post by Panteg Produce »

stace wrote:Wouldn't it be lovely just to wake up in the morning and feel normal? Not felt like that in a long time madmum. {hug}

Normal ! no chance your a Women!!!!!!!!!! , hope you feel better soon though.

)t'
Live a simple life and be happy , Rich.
Mrs B

Post by Mrs B »

Sorry I am a bit late to this one but I went a bit panicky (which is completely not like me at all) like you Stace a couple of years ago, my GP swore it was not the menopause but was a hormone imbalance. He gave me tablets which helped for a while.

I still think it was the onset of the menopause as since then I've put loads of weight on, lost my s.ex drive (trust me I looked everywhere and still can't find it) and mutter about the youth of today. Can't tell if I am having hot flushes as it is so ruddy hot here this summer that everyone is hot all the time plus I think the weight has pushed my blood pressure up. All my female relatives had full hysterectomy before the menopause so they can't give me any help. I don't sleep well at night now, don't get night sweats now (in February I had the window wide open and a 4.5 tog duvet)

I have a family history of strokes (Mum, Grandfather, 1 Aunt and 1 Uncle) so HRT is not an option for me. MrB keeps nagging me to see the GP again but to be honest I can't be bothered. On the plus side PMT has almost gone, I maybe get one tearful day every couple of months and that is all.

If you want a "we are on the menopause and don't care what our GP says" buddy then give me a shout.
Steve the Gas

Post by Steve the Gas »

Get to your GP T or I will visit more...... :b(
Mrs B

Post by Mrs B »

Steve the Gas wrote:Get to your GP T or I will visit more...... :b(

No, not gonna go so ner ner
Steve the Gas

Post by Steve the Gas »

Get the kettle on and the tin out )cof(
Dinchy
Legendary Laner

Post by Dinchy »

Bev, the symptoms you describe exactly match those of my sis-in-law, she is having a terrible time of it too, and keeps saying to me 'look what you have to look forward to'
big hug to you hun {hug&kiss} {hug}
stace
Legendary Laner

Post by stace »

Thankyou Everyone for your input (including you Steve) {hug}

Had all the test results back from the Dr and all were clear except the cholesteral (sp) That was a little higher than they would like. Symptoms have settled down a little, but am always a little worried they will return {cry} We are off to france next wed for 5 days, back to the lovely Farmhouse just the 2 of us, then down to weston for 4 days later in sept, so am hoping this will do us both good. Diane send your SIL my love and tell her she is not alone {hug}
Bev xx

jannie
Hedgehog Champion

Post by jannie »

Good to hear from you Bev {hug} .. glad you're feeling better )t' ..

Hope you have a lovely holiday, it will be nice just the two of you.. we have been having quite a few little jaunts since we bought the caravan and have to admit it's doing me good.. :-D
stace
Legendary Laner

Post by stace »

Yes i agree Jannie, getting out and about stops you thinking all the time. We would like to get a Motor Home, perhaps next year we will look at getting a second hand one, they are so expensive though, might need to do a lot of saving for that one!
{rofwl}
Bev xx

Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

So glad you're feeling a bit better Bev and have a lovely time in France {hug}
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
stace
Legendary Laner

Post by stace »

Gosh it was back in September when i last posted on this...Time sure does fly. Well all those symptoms have nearly passed although i do get them now and again. Now its the cold chills/ and hot flushes {cry} Had a nice shower on sunday evening, then started to shiver, that lasted about 3 hours, went to bed wrapped up like a snow man, then got hot, and now have been really warm on and off since, its does make me feel slightly nauseous. Its so annoying i have lots to do, but feel drained, if i do anything like hoover i get a little beads of sweat on my neck and upper lip. lets hope it soon passes

Bev xxxxx
Bev xx

Essex Bird
Lively Laner

Post by Essex Bird »

Hi Stace, just wanted to add, i have a number of things wrong and being medicated for, i had an early change after chemo, high blood pressure, underactive thyroid, arthristis, osteoperosis, with all of this they insisted i went on HRT due to shrinking, not to combat sweats or other symptoms, i was surprised due to the cancer not the high blood pressure. Originally i was put on betablockers for high BP but they made me feel very heavy and slow so now im on ramipril, im on alendronic acid for the bones, dont know if this would help your spondilosis? also etoricoxib, (slow release anti inflamatory) for joints.
I too have palpitations from time to time, and more recently a thing about heights, which i never had before, experienced a panic attack whilst driving over dartford bridge yike*
In my long experience of medical problems, doctors dont always do whats right, and often prescribe the cheaper meds cos of budgets, so insist in changing betablockers if they make you feel bad etc
hope you get it all sorted soon
x
Mandy
x
live long and prosper
ey ey ya yeye ey i killed my mother.... la la la la la la la lalala gringo
http://mandysgarden.blogspot.com