Really sore heels

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
Nefertari
Longlasting Laner

Really sore heels

Post by Nefertari »

Both my heels have been very sore for a few weeks now. I think it started when I first moved in here an did loads of gardening in a short space of time (digging).

It's worst first thing in the morning or if I've been sitting a while. When I get up, i can hardly walk.

Anyone else had this? what remedies did you use?
It'll be alright in the end, if it's not alright then it's not the end.
madmum
Legendary Laner

Re: Really sore heels

Post by madmum »

It is called "plantar fasciitis"AND ITS AGONY!!!! Get some cushioned inner soles if you can Foot logics do good ones.I had to have steroid injections into both my heels but it has now gone completely )t' regularly taking ibuprofen can help relieve inflammation in the short term but see your gp )t'
If you always do what you always do ,you will always get what you have always got!
Nefertari
Longlasting Laner

Post by Nefertari »

Brilliant, thanks MM I shall take your advice.
It'll be alright in the end, if it's not alright then it's not the end.
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Ouch Nef, I had a bout of that after tripping up when someone stood on my flip flop once and it's very painful.

MM's given good advice there already - you're not asthmatic are you? If so, be careful about ibuprofen. You can also take paracetamol every 4-6 hours with the ibuprofen 6-8 hourly too and they work very well together.
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.