Saving 30,000 calories a year

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
Sunny B
Legendary Laner

Saving 30,000 calories a year

Post by Sunny B »

I usually have 3 slices of wholemeal bread for lunch, but have cut down to 2. I'm not feeling any hungrier and was gobsmacked to work out how many calories that works out at over a year.

It just goes to show how small changes really can make a difference. )t'
Missing my little friend Sunny Clucker
Bollybarb
Legendary Laner

Re: Saving 30,000 calories a year

Post by Bollybarb »

)t' )t'
I have chickens Blaze, Star and Comet, who have met Sunny Clucker in Cheshire :-)
I'm training to be a midwife!!!!!
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

that is ten days food allowance for a bloke )t'
Bah Humbug
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

That's a staggering amount. :shock:
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
wendy

Post by wendy »

I never have bread for lunch. How much have I saved .ang. {rofwl}
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Wow Sunny, that's a pretty amazing stat isn't it.

Even though we eat really good food, just this last week or so I've been concentrating more on what I eat and have decided to try and avoid bread and potatoes through the week, saving them for the weekend.

So for instance this morning I had some natural yoghurt with honey, nuts and a banana in, instead of toast. For lunch I've had a two egg omlette with salad and for dinner we're having a selection of veggies roasted - just from what I've got in the fridge, so it's beans cut up, carrots, peppers, courgette, leeks - with some chicken.

Don't think I could cut bread and potatoes out completely, tried it once and ended up dreaming about spuds!! {rofwl}
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
Americanlady
Lively Laner

Post by Americanlady »

Do you guys get Sara Lee bread there? It's the brand I buy and it's only 45 calories per slice. Very good, too.
Lillia
Legendary Laner

Post by Lillia »

Americanlady wrote:Do you guys get Sara Lee bread there? It's the brand I buy and it's only 45 calories per slice. Very good, too.

I've never seen it here, Americanlady. I make my own bread and use olive oil...I have no idea how many calories there are but bread is my downfall, I'm afraid. )grin2(
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

It's mine too Lillia. When I used to made bread I wouldnt rest until its was all gone :oops: no time to make it now but I cheat and buy loads of part baked rolls and baguettes and then scoff the lot!
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
Lillia
Legendary Laner

Post by Lillia »

MissEllie wrote:It's mine too Lillia. When I used to made bread I wouldnt rest until its was all gone :oops: no time to make it now but I cheat and buy loads of part baked rolls and baguettes and then scoff the lot!

Ha! )grin2( I do that! My husband doesn't eat it...I make him flat bread which he strangely prefers, so I have the nice loaves all to myself!!! It's just so yummy. and yes, what you buy tastes just about as good, if you ask me. :-D
aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

Another one who's downfall is bread (and potatoes),although I haven't had any for 4 days .ang. I think my weight problem is in part down to that. Wish there was a calorie free bread )pg(
LYN
Lillia
Legendary Laner

Post by Lillia »

aishakali wrote:Another one who's downfall is bread (and potatoes),although I haven't had any for 4 days .ang. I think my weight problem is in part down to that. Wish there was a calorie free bread )pg(

Yes, I love my potatoes too :-D Even worse, I love them fried yike*
ChrisG
Legendary Laner

Post by ChrisG »

Me too :oops: Leftover mash or boiled, into the frying pan; other times, anything from chips to fried potatoes - love 'em all )t'
Chris xx

34.If someone can’t accept you at your worst, they don’t deserve you at your best
Sunny B
Legendary Laner

Post by Sunny B »

RuthG wrote:Me too :oops: Leftover mash or boiled, into the frying pan; other times, anything from chips to fried potatoes - love 'em all )t'

I have a Tefal actifry which is brilliant - you can make chips for the family with one tablespoon of oil, and I use olive oil to be even healthier. I also make yummy fried bread in it, again with a couple of teaspoons of olive oil.
Missing my little friend Sunny Clucker
rhubarb93
Legendary Laner

Post by rhubarb93 »

I eat very little bread, mostly go for oatcakes or ryvita, and have cut down on amounts of spuds, rice and pasta too, but it doesn't seem to have affected my weight {cry}
My downfall is nuts - I'll take a small handful to snack on if I get peckish, but it easily becomes several times during the afternoon/evening! Anyone know of any low-cal nuts? (ha ha)