I plucked up courage to see Physio

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

I plucked up courage to see Physio

Post by Benny&Co »

yike*

Just got back and what a lovely lady - it wasn't all bones crunching and nasty things like that - I've always steered well clear of physio/chiropractors/osteopaths and such for fear of what they might do!

It seems I've managed to get a rather nasty and significant facet joint injury from L1 to S2, along with a potentially bulging disc (they used to call it a slipped disc) - and my lower muscles on the left hand side had gone into spasm as well for good measure! This also caused pressure in the middle of my back too.

No wonder it was sore!!

Anyways, she did all these things and it wasn't so bad and then put two levels of ultrasound on as well. We'll see how things go in the next few days to assess whether I need more treatment :-D

So glad I was brave (for me +f+ ) and went.
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
Steve the Gas

Re: I plucked up courage to see Physio

Post by Steve the Gas »

See, not as bad as yoy thought. {hug}
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

It wasn't Steve no {hug}
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
madmum
Legendary Laner

Post by madmum »

Glad you were brave {hug}
If you always do what you always do ,you will always get what you have always got!
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Thanks MM, it was for me. I don't know why but anything to do with bones has always brought me out in goosebumps! yike* Especially my bones that is! {rofwl}
Bev x

saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

I am under the treatment of a physio for the third time in my life, the second time on my knees (the other was my back). 25 years at sea hasn't been very nice to my cartilage. Lots of targeted exercises and stuff, not at all scary but it is quite rigorous. Well done Bennybobs for being brave and getting yourself sorted out. )t'
Bah Humbug
Panteg Produce
Legendary Laner

Post by Panteg Produce »

)t' Get well soon !!!!!!!!!

:-D
Live a simple life and be happy , Rich.
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Sorry to hear you've been suffering too Spoony {cry} I'm sure the sea will have taken it's toll on you. Hope your treatment is helping.

Thank you for your kind words. This bout is down to a poxy kettlebell class )de: never to be repeated! Plus I have a dodgy shoulder and neck too.

The lady this morning did mention that I've got a hyper extension in my middle back area and she wouldn't have recommended the kettlebell class for me anyway! You learn somet every day don't you )t'

I'm so glad I went, even though now I feel like I've been through the mill a bit - she said I would, so taking things very very easy today.
Bev x

Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Panteg Produce wrote:)t' Get well soon !!!!!!!!!

:-D

Thank you PP :-D and I was gutted for Wales too {cry}
Bev x

Steve the Gas

Post by Steve the Gas »

The S2 bit is confusing though, it is a fused bone..... +confused+
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

It is Steve, I was a bit bambuzzled really :oops: as she was talking the whole time +f+ she certainly knew her muscles/tissues/bones )t'
Bev x

jannie
Hedgehog Champion

Post by jannie »

Well done for getting treatment Bev .. {hug} I suffer with back pain after an accident some years ago and an op is my only option ..so it's good to hear the physio has helped you.. {hug} ..and as mentioned on here before.. when you're in pain walk and move around .. if I sit for more than half an hour I need a stick to get out of the chair .. but I can spend the day in the garden pottering and cope with the pain )t'
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

Well done for plucking up the courage to go Bev )t'
Physio's are generally far less 'crunchy' that osteo's and chiro's - I've seen a physio a couple of times for back problems and once for a knee injury and was really surprised how gentle it all was.

Has she given you exercises to follow too?
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
baileysgnasha
Legendary Laner

Post by baileysgnasha »

No wonder you have been in agony you poor thing! Get well soon Bev , I hope the physio can improve things for you. {hug}
Andrea- Sunny Clucker fan awaiting her arrival in Kettering,Northamptonshire.
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Oh dear, backs are so horrible when they hurt. Glad you have got some pain relief from the physio.
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com