Antibiotics

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
p.penn

Re: Antibiotics

Post by p.penn »

More antibiotics being prescribed. }hairout{

I still have the infection and so it's back to square one. Not keen on taking them but I will up my healthy food etc while doing it this time. )gr:
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

Sorry to hear that. I've always been ok on the rare occasion ive needed antiBs until the last time I had Trimethoprim, like you i would describe it as feeling really weird, I was lightheaded to the point i wanted to lie down all the time and had terrible headaches - the side effects were worse than the original infection!
Someone suggested it may have been the particular make of Trimethprim which didn't suit me so hopefully now you're on another one it will do the trick without the side effects. >fi<
Take care
Ellie x
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Annie »

Helen , you must be a tough little cookie as we wouldn't know from your posts on other threads that you were feeling in the least bit under the weather so {hug&kiss} for being a brave one. You should probably have gone back to drs staright after the 1st lot of abs were finished up , as you still weren't feeling well but better late than never . Are you on a different ab this time ? I really think November is a draining month , think it must be my least favourite time of the year. Hurry up and get back to form, Christmas is coming up and I would imagine you have a lot of plans so you will need to be tip top .
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Sadly it is the same a/b as I am allergic to penicillin, and that was all they could prescribe for this. }hairout{

I don't feel ill any more Annie, but I really did while taking the tablets. :?

I wasn't going to go back in the vague hope that eventually it would go on it's own, but I looked it up on the internet and it freaked me out a bit. The dentist said that it wasn't good for me to have it for so long as well.
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Can you believe it? I have swallowed the bloomin' crown (with it's metal post) without even noticing. }hairout{

I hope it is ok to eat them. :?
Helen xx

Meredith
Longlasting Laner

Post by Meredith »

Whoops yike* At the price they are, I hope you are going to recycle it when it works it's way through )grin2(

I hope you get rid of the infection soon Helen. I have more problems than enough with my teeth so I know what you are going through.
Sunny Clucker welcome in Barnsley.
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Only 2 more tablets to go, and infection still there. }hairout{

On the plus side, the new antibiots I had were fine - no side effects at all. )c(
Helen xx

Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Annie »

p.penn wrote:Only 2 more tablets to go, and infection still there. }hairout{

On the plus side, the new antibiots I had were fine - no side effects at all. )c(

But they haven't done their bl@@dy job , you might just as well have had smarties - at least they would have tasted better ! What next Helen ?
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

I guess I will have to ring the dentist tomorrow. }hairout{ I still havent told him I have swallowed the crown yet. :?
Helen xx

Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Oh no Helen, you're having a right old time of it. Is the tooth at the back and could you have it extracted?

My pops has also had weeks/months of bother with an infected tooth with several courses of yukky anti biotics as well.

They're lucky being in Liverpool as last week he went to the Dental Hospital to have the offending peg removed. The dentist didn't want to do it in the surgery because it was near a sinus nerve.

Sending you big {hug}
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Oh well, saw the dentist today and am having the remains of the tooth out next tuesday. I will just be glad to get it over and done with as I had a real 'panic moment' when I had a tooth out a few months back. }hairout{

Then I have to find a way to tell him I am not going to have the rest of my crown done on the other side of my mouth. I had the root canal for it, which cost a fortune, but it never really settled and I think it just has to go too. {cry} Later though.
Helen xx

Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Oh no, poor you Helen {cry}

Hope it'll go okay for you next week {hug}
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.