Heart burn

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
LisaB

Re: Heart burn

Post by LisaB »

I've been prescribed on anti-inflammatory tablets since 11, too many different ones to remember now.
I think the heart burn started about a year or two ago and has just got worse, I just put off going to the doctors but I think making this topic has made me realise I should probably make another appointment. It'll be a lot of explaining as it's only really my consultant and physios that know all my problems {rofwl}
sarahandmatt
Learner Laner

Post by sarahandmatt »

Hi Lisa,

Just had a quick look at your posts and agree when you say that its probably time to see a doctor! I work in gastroenterology (belly and bowel care) and there are many things that cause heartburn they mostly are innocent and easily remedied but equally, like it has been suggested previously lots of meds can cause minor problems in your stomach which if left for years and years and years can be more difficult to sort out!

Most of the people I see just need lifestyle adjustment and an increase in the home remedies that have already been suggested!

Hope you get it sorted and that you start to feel better >mmm<
Steve the Gas

Post by Steve the Gas »

I reckon she needs a H.Pylori test for a start, would you agree Sarah?
sarahandmatt
Learner Laner

Post by sarahandmatt »

Ha ha yes, i do steve!
HedgeHugger
Legendary Laner

Post by HedgeHugger »

I was given omeprazole when I was prescribed anti inflammatries alongside the RA medication.
My main problem was methotrexate made me feel 'sicky'. It was suggested to me to try ginger, so I was a ginger nut, ginger beer addict for a while :) you need it to be some form of real ginger though not ginger flavoured.