Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
Steve the Gas

Re: Heart burn

Post by Steve the Gas »

Pmint cordial with lemonade or similar?
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Will it still taste minty though? :? I think it's the thought of drinking something minty that I can't handle really.
Steve the Gas

Post by Steve the Gas »

Yep minty :-D )t'
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

yuk yuk yuk
Maggie1

Post by Maggie1 »

As I said earlier Lisa try the peppermint capsules from Holland and Barrett
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Oh yes I will Maggie, are they ones you have to chew or not?
I don't even know were there is a holland and barretts round here >dum<
Maggie1

Post by Maggie1 »

You swallow and as you take a lot of tablets it should't be to hard. Any health food shop does them but I preferred H and B
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Ahh okayy, they sound good, I'll have to pick some up, thank you :-D
Bollybarb
Legendary Laner

Post by Bollybarb »

As i said earlier Lisa, get some ranitadine tablets from a chemist. If left untreated heart burn can cause more serous health problems long term. It's also worth discussing with your doctor your anti inflammatorys as there are some that have less side effects
I have chickens Blaze, Star and Comet, who have met Sunny Clucker in Cheshire :-)
I'm training to be a midwife!!!!!
manda

Post by manda »

Ginger root infused with hot water (I don't like the taste of ginger so mix it with Ribena or something like that to disguise the taste). Chew crystallised ginger can help too and you can have that in a bag with you all the time....another option as you don't like mint )t'
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 4 dogs, 6 cats, a cow, a few sheep, Angora Goats and ???? chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Oooo cool idea.
I think I'll try that and some capsules and then doctors if it still persists.
rhubarb93
Legendary Laner

Post by rhubarb93 »

Do you drink full-fat milk, Lisa? When I was pregnant (long time ago now!) I got lots of heartburn at night and thought drinking milk would help, but it didn't. Health visitor suggested I try lower fat, and that definitely helped.
But I'd second the comments about not leaving it untreated - a gastric ulcer is the last thing you want on top of all your other health problems. Don't put it off, see a Dr.
manda

Post by manda »

Just a thought (because I forgot about your first post re meds )sh )....do you take more than one medication? Could be they are contra-indicated or there is a reaction between two. If you do perhaps talk to the pharmacist - give them the list of dr-ugs and they would be able to tell if there was anything interacting between meds.
Also could check that any natural remedies won't interact with them (they can be just as powerful as any prescribed drug).
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 4 dogs, 6 cats, a cow, a few sheep, Angora Goats and ???? chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

I only drink fully skimmed milk, can't stand full fat sile}

Yeah, I'm on 3 different arthritis meds.
I used to be on 3 but one was different to one I have now, but it didn't really have much affect, so they swapped it for another, and tbh thinking about it, I've not been taking my tablets as much as I should because of the heart burn, heh, I guess the doctors would be a good idea )gr:
Bollybarb
Legendary Laner

Post by Bollybarb »

Good idea Lisa. {hug}

i just had my annual review at Dr's (BP check) as i too, am on long term anti inflammatory's and he gave me a prescription for ranitadine much cheaper than over the counter tablets. He didn't stop anti imflam either which i was worried about as it's taken years to find one that i'm happy on.
I have chickens Blaze, Star and Comet, who have met Sunny Clucker in Cheshire :-)
I'm training to be a midwife!!!!!