The BBC - the Bad Back Club!

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
Maggie1

Re: The BBC - the Bad Back Club!

Post by Maggie1 »

I expect its the heels thats done it Bev. I found after I did my back in I can't wear heels at all.
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

I fear that too Maggie {cry}

Oh well, it could be worse hey. At least I can still walk and not half as bad as some folks.
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
Americanlady
Lively Laner

Post by Americanlady »

My back pain is in my hips - osteoarthritis. A couple of days ago my younger son asked me if I ever tried glucosamine and chondroitin. When I was shopping yesterday I found a bottle of it and took it to the pharmacist to ask if it would really help me or if it was a waste of time and money. He said it could definitely help with the pain and discomfort. I'm giving it a try for a couple months to see if it does. It's not supposed to interact with any of the medications I'm taking, so hoping for good results. >fi<
aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

Good luck with the G & C. I used it for around 13 years and am pretty certain it delayed the need for a knee replacement. Hope it works for you )t'
LYN
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Thanks AmLady and Lyn, I might check that out - worth a try isn't it.

Not having a good run at the moment {cry}

Saw Physio yesterday and there was a lot of inflammation and it was particularly painful around my left hip - back and front and down the leg.

She did lots of soft tissue work and ultrasound and sometimes I got that horrible sharp pain too - came home and slept afterwards!

Woke up at 4am with it this morning {cry}
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

So sorry you are still suffering Bev. It must be soooo frustrating when you have tried so many treatments to still be in pain. Really hope you hit the right one sooner rather than later {hug}
LYN
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Bless you, thanks Lyn. Guess it's my own fault for succumbing to the pretty heels at the weekend, although I did wear my Birkies a lot of the time.

Hope you're doing okay? {hug} {hug}
Bev x

aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

I'm ok thanks Bev. Getting there slowly :-D I'm a fan of Birkies too, wear them all the time. I feel very secure in them even though they are backless sandals, they dont come off your foot )t' {hug}
LYN
julie62
Legendary Laner

Post by julie62 »

Bev hope you get some relief from it soon - it must be so depressing when it's gone on for so long {hug}
Julie

“cockerels may crow but it's the hen that lays the egg."
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

I have taken glucosamine with or without chondroitin for several years now. I normally buy it from a firm in Guernsey, it works out cheaper than stores in UK.
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Thank you everyone.

I had a look in Sasda for the glucosamine and the only one they had was by '7-seas' and it was quite expensive.

Think I'll check out a healthy foody type store for some to try.

I'm very pleased to report that since last week, I've had a good few days and guess what - I'm on day three now of no pain :-D

I cancelled my physio appointment on Wednesday because it felt good and I've just been to yoga this morning.
Bev x

LittleBrownFrog
Legendary Laner

Post by LittleBrownFrog »

Holland & Barrett carry it - I've bought online from them before, and they often have worthwhile offers.
"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder..." Thoreau.
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Thanks LBF )t'
Bev x

Maggie1

Post by Maggie1 »

LittleBrownFrog wrote:Holland & Barrett carry it - I've bought online from them before, and they often have worthwhile offers.

Just bought mine whilst in UK and the offer at the moment is buy 1 and get second half price.
Sometimes they have an offer of buy 1 and get the second for a penny.
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Thanks Maggie, will hunt some down - I think there's a H&B here in our town.

Still doing okay, only a few small twinges I'd say over the weekend.

:-D
Bev x