The BBC - the Bad Back Club!

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
Americanlady
Lively Laner

Re: The BBC - the Bad Back Club!

Post by Americanlady »

After several days of taking the glucosamine and chondroitin, I really believe it's helping. The pain is still there, but I swear it is not so intense. I will continue using them for a while and I'm very hopeful now.
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Good for you AmLady, that's good news )t' :-D

I've just got some glucosamine in Lee-dle and have had my first dose, will see how I go with it.

Also seen my physio this morning and the twinges I were having were due to my piriformis muscle which takes itself off into spasm, so she did a lot of work on that.

Everything else seems okay, so *touch wood* hopefully I'm on the right track? :-D
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Well I think I'm doing okay >fi<

Haven't needed to see my physio for a good few weeks and only had minor twinges in my injury area.

I had my last glucosamine tablet today, so maybe it has helped?

Just had a lovely bike ride and it felt really good to get out )t'
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Just looking, it's two months to the day since my last post here.

I've had a bit of gyp since getting back from holidays unfortunately.

I wore some wedges to the wedding we attended, which should've been okay, but I think possibly that, combined with the flight (even though only 5 hours) hasn't helped things.

Think I might need to see my physio for a bit of maintenance......

How are you all doing? Okay I hope {hug}
Bev x

Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Hope your back settles down again, Bev.
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Awww thank you Sprekley, hopefully it's just a little blip {hug} {hug} {hug}
Bev x

Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

I see it's about a month since my last post.

I'm going to need putting back together again, so will be arranging to see my physio. I was trying to hold on as we've had a few lean weeks and it's £40 a go.

I wore some heels the other week and that doesn't seem to agree with me at the moment {cry}

Come to think of it, I've not taken the glucosamine for a while - guess I'll start taking it again.

Hope everyone else is doing okay in the back department {hug}
Bev x

jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Interesting times ahead with my back! 25 years ago I was a front-seat passenger in a car crash which resulted in me fracturing my lower spine and crushing 2 vertebrae. I have daily pain that is mostly manageable but the past couple of months have been horrendous. I have finally been offered an MRI scan and this evening will be picking up my low doseage, extended release Tramadol. I have never used it so am hoping that it doesn't make my head wobble too much as I still have 4 weeks left at work and my job involves driving to service users' homes. >fi<

Hope everyone else's back is playing ball at the moment. Bev, I hope your physio manages to sort things out for you again. I am hoping that once I know what is going on with mine that physio might help me out a bit.
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

Bev hope your back feels better soon and your physio works again. Jem, hope you feel better as well and tramadol works for you. I have had bad back in past, had private laser treatment which cleared it up but back pain just drains you as its usually so constant and debilitating.hugs to you both {hug} {hug} {hug}
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Awww thanks for your kind wishes AuntyBoods and Jembi{hug}

I'm seeing my physio next week and have every faith in her.

Blimey Jembi, you poor lamb that must've been truly awful and very frightening for you.
See how you go with the tramadol and if you feel it isn't right, you must go and see your gp hun )t'

I'm glad you have been offered an MRI and hopefully further treatment. Sadly, I felt really let down by the NHS with my back.

I'm usually always one to beacon the good work of the NHS, having seen miracle stuff being done. But with how I've been treated I can understand how folks get cross.
Bev x

Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

mrs boodles wrote:Bev hope your back feels better soon and your physio works again. Jem, hope you feel better as well and tramadol works for you. I have had bad back in past, had private laser treatment which cleared it up but back pain just drains you as its usually so constant and debilitating.hugs to you both {hug} {hug} {hug}

You're very right there AuntyBoods, even though we try not to let it, it really drains you.

Even when I broke my foot it wasn't as bad as this {cry}
Bev x

Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Just read your post, Bev. First of all, I get my glucosamine from a firm in Guernsey, or from H....nd and Ba.....ett, it is supposed to be better than stuff sold by the supermarkets. Secondly, I do hope your back settles quickly once again. Take care.
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

Yes, lots of sympathy {hug}

I have a brilliant friend who is a remedial masseuse and she can usually get me from hobbling to walking relatively normally in about half an hour - people like that are sooooo invaluable. She also started to teach pilates, and when I went to classes I had no problems at all. My back went hideously clonk yesterday morning, and its the only way I can manage anything at the moment - big strong core muscle clench before I bend or twist. Think I'm going to be going back to classes again........

A physio also taught me to sit and stand by tucking my chin in and using my leg muscles, so again trying to get back into all the good habits. This one helped a lot at the time, so hope it helps you too. Take care.
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Thanks Spreckley and Freeranger {hug}

Not good today, my shoulder/neck is agony.

Done the ice pack earlier this morning, now trying to ease it with the heat pad.

Hopefully I'll manage till my physio appointment next Wednesday. Feels like it's gone into spasm.
Bev x

Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Hope you can get it eased off Bev, and that your treatment will bring further relief. OH and I both victims of back trouble, he normally ends up in bed, fortunately we are never laid up together. I just do less housework, don't move furniture, etc, and hope visitors don't notice the gathering dust. OH very kindly does the weekly bedroom vacc'ing for me. When he is OK, he can do all sorts, but when it goes, it is the performance of a lifetime, several minutes to get out of bed, and hobble to the bathroom, toiletting is the worst thing.