The BBC - the Bad Back Club!

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Re: The BBC - the Bad Back Club!

Post by Benny&Co »

Oooh forgot to say, a bit gorry, but I'll say anyway )hlp> When osteopath was dong the ultrasound last night, he could see all the bruising and torn muscles etc under the skin. Hubbly saw it too {cry} yike*
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
lizziedoggarden
Legendary Laner

Post by lizziedoggarden »

So sorry Bev, I misunderstood your post...sounds like you have a long way to go {cry}

Blasted kettlebells!!! }hairout{
Don't dream it, BE it....

Am looking forward to welcoming Sunny Clucker to Woodbridge Suffolk!!!!!
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

That's okay lovely, no worries {hug} and you're right - evil blasted kettlebells {mr.angry} )de:
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Here's a little update for you.....

Saw osteopath on Tuesday and he did lots of very deep tissue work, it was uncomfortable but not in a horrendous way at all.

Felt good on Wednesday so started moving about as I usually do, but think I maybe twisted something as late afternoon/evening the pain came back with avengence. The only thing I did differently was baking/bending to get things in/out of cooker.

It didn't seem as bad yesterday, so headed to the shops for a wander. Really felt it afterwards though. Didn't have loads of heavy bags or anything, but it seems to affect even the slightest thing.

Taking it quite easy today as working later.

Got nice physio tomorrow morning )t'

Hope you're all doing okay {hug}
Bev x

Steve the Gas

Post by Steve the Gas »

Has the problem area been id'd yet, as I said a while back,no pun, mine is/was L5/S1 an oesteo/chiro can't help with that area much, as far as I've been told. :?
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Yes Steve, it's the sacroiliac joint along with L3/4/5 and S1 that's the problem - left side.

Mmmm I can't see why an osteopath or physio wouldn't be able to help you, but I'll check tomorrow when I see my nice physio. I wonder who told you this, was it your GP perhaps?

I don't know about chiropractors as haven't seen one of them before, or seen them at work either.
Bev x

Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Seems I've done too much this week, so no bending down or lifting for me :?

As I was feeling a bit better thought it'd be okay.....

It'll be two months on Monday to when I did the injury.

Was just saying with Hubbly, all these times I've been skiing and had falls, but nothing too major - more funny really - and now just one poxy kettlebell has caused all this!!!
Bev x

Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

You don't often see me cross, but I am ABSOLUTELY LIVID!!! {mr.angry}

Just received a copy of the letter from that awful nhs physio woman I saw in November - the one who did all the extra damage!!!!!!!

She's basically saying I have short lasting pain with minimal symptoms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And she has sent it to the wrong doctor when I told her specifically who she should reply to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! }hairout{ {mr.angry} )de:
Bev x

Sunny B
Legendary Laner

Post by Sunny B »

Bev, it sounds like you're having an awful time {hug}

I'm not a great fan of today's compensation culture, but it seems you've suffered a lot and it's cost you a lot for medical treatment - have you thought about claiming from the fitness class? They should have public liability insurance, and I'm sure you could get reports from the professionals you've seen to back up a claim.
Missing my little friend Sunny Clucker
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Thanks for the hug Sunny )t'

I'm going to write to the gym, if only to prevent anyone else getting the same injury as I've endured. Maybe it's a training issue?

I feel that they will have some 'get out' clause somewhere though and it'll be all my fault.... :?
Bev x

p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Oh dear - I am so sorry you are still having such a bad time of it. I know backs can take ages to go away and sadly, it's often only 'til the next time. }hairout{

I'm afraid I'm joining the club at the moment. I am not sure if it is my hip or back, but it is lower back right into my hip. I have taken ibuprofen today, as it was even hurting when I woke up, and the pain seemed to lessen while I was walking the dog,as i think the painkillers kicked in. I am just going to be very careful today. :?
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Oh no, now you too Helen {cry}

That's just where my pain is - lower back/pelvis/hip area.

So glad the ibuprofen worked for you )t' and I think you're wise taking it easy today, sometimes it's easier said than done though hey :?

Big {hug}
Bev x

Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Saw osteo again last night and feeling a bit battle wounded today as he did lots of very deep tissue work.

Apparently the injury has caused my muscles to travel upwards - it's all quite mind boggling to think of how these things work isn't it >dum<

Cancelled the appointment with that NHS physio, we've decided since the letter the other day we haven't the time nor the energy to see what they think!
Bev x

MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

Hi Bev, hope it's a case of worse before its better after your osteo visit. Sounds a good idea to avoid the scary physio, fingers crossed it'll heal soon.
Helen, glad the brufen's working, I would take it regularly if I were you for a good few days and remember pain is your body's way of telling you to stop or slow down so don't over do it whilst you're still sore.
Sorry ladies, I'm on my soap box, will stop nagging now!!
Hope you're both on the mend soon
Ellie x
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Hiya Ellie, thank you and no worries, you're such a nurse aren't you (like me) {rofwl} {hug}

I'm actually starting to feel normal (whatever that is!! hehehe!) >fi< Very gently going about doing things.
Bev x