Ordering specs online

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
fishpond
Legendary Laner

Ordering specs online

Post by fishpond »

Has anyone done this.
I have just done it today for the 1st time when I realised I could get 2 pairs for less than I have been paying for one pair.
Interesting to see what arrives and when. >el< .san.jump.
No problem can withstand the power of continuous thought.
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Re: Ordering specs online

Post by Benny&Co »

I haven't ordered my specs online, but get my contact lenses.

Be interested to hear how you get on )t' :-D
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Hi,

I did about four years ago, have to say I wasn't impressed (more design and fit where they didn't really match how they looked in the page where you put a photo in and drag the glasses over it to see what they look like), but I know others who have been very pleased with them.
I think if they're just for driving, OK., but if you need to wear them the whole time, it may be best to buy them locally.

Sorry if that's a tad negative, just my experience. Also, I'm four years into beings diagnosed as having Cataracts, so I'm a bit more weary and fussy.

Richard )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Yes that's a thought Richard - when you get your specs at the optician they 'fit' them for you don't they, to make sure they're properly aligned and everything.

I think with your cataract condition you're wise to get them in person.
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
fishpond
Legendary Laner

Post by fishpond »

I have just recieved both pairs.
Very good quality frames and the lenses are spot on + free hard cases.
Really pleased with them. >el< .santa.
No problem can withstand the power of continuous thought.
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

)c( Good news fishpond.

Thanks for the feedback on it.

Richard )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Good for you Fishpond :-D )t'
Bev x

Sunny B
Legendary Laner

Post by Sunny B »

Benny&Co wrote:
I think with your cataract condition you're wise to get them in person.

Maybe I need new glasses (again). I thought you were advising Richard to get his glasses in PRISON :shock:
Missing my little friend Sunny Clucker
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Thought I'd done a dodgy typo then Sunny :oops: but {rofwl} {rofwl} maybe you are due for a wee eye test!
Bev x

HappyBob
Legendary Laner

Post by HappyBob »

At the start of last year I noticed that I was struggling to watch football matches, I tried variuos glasses on from the supporters around me and it confirmed that I needed glasses. I found a free eye test voucher online for a well known supermarket. After the conclusion of the eye test the optician led me to some frames Jeeeez I nearly died at the price of some of them, I didnt buy any and left with my bit of paper with some data on. I found some frames online for twelve quid after inputting the prescription data they arrived 3 days later marvlous I only wear them for football so was well chuffed :-D :-D
Dont ever grow up, its a trap