My Fitness Pal

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
Effie
Legendary Laner

My Fitness Pal

Post by Effie »

Have any of you who are trying to improve fitness or lose weight seen the website myfitnesspal.com ?
I have found it useful for tracking calorie intake and it seems to be working like a little Jiminy Cricket for me as you have to log all the food you eat and what exercise you do.

There is a forum on there and you can just go and say, "Hello - please be my friend because ..." But I feel a bit awkward doing this so I wondered if and Laners are on there because I sort of know you lot are normal (I am completely aware that this statement is not entirely true, but you are as normal as I am)

I'm effiem73 on there. Day 10 of the mission 4lb lost,20 to go!
" -zere isn't much to do 'ere, unless you like cooking and chickens!"
Bollybarb
Legendary Laner

Re: My Fitness Pal

Post by Bollybarb »

That looks good, is it really free?

I'm thinking of going back to slimming world but the cost is a factor.
I have chickens Blaze, Star and Comet, who have met Sunny Clucker in Cheshire :-)
I'm training to be a midwife!!!!!
Effie
Legendary Laner

Post by Effie »

No cost at all, and they have mobile apps for you to log meals on the go, if you have the technology. I guess there are a few ads but they are less intrusive than on facebook.

Loads of your ordinary food's calorie content have been put on by the members and you can add your own calculations for favourite meals. It remembers things you eat frequently so they are easy to find.

There is a section to register your exercise, and they have an estimation for calories burnt doing various activities, from a gentle walk to a spin class.

My sister and mum are members but they are currently pregnant and holidaying in Hong Kong respectively, so they are not dieting on there to give me motivation as they have done in the past.

I have never been to a slimming club - too stingy!
" -zere isn't much to do 'ere, unless you like cooking and chickens!"
issy
Lively Laner

Post by issy »

Bollybarb wrote:That looks good, is it really free?

I'm thinking of going back to slimming world but the cost is a factor.

Hi Bollybarb. i started slimming world on Tuesday past, it seems too good to be true, i feel i have eaten more than normal but healthier choices. Did it work for you? OH has agreed to eat the same as me so we can do it together. :-D
Enthusiastic veg grower. Trying to be more frugal. Family:Much loved husband, son, 2 dogs, 1 cat and 8 ex batts soon to arrive.
RIP Dumpling,Boss,Plum, Pudding,Hoppy,Betty,Custard and Gerty our ex battys
Meredith
Longlasting Laner

Post by Meredith »

Oooh, I joined that site just a few days ago. I will see if I can find you.
Sunny Clucker welcome in Barnsley.
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

Effie, thanks for the tip, have just joined this - fingers crossed I can be good .ang.
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen