Get Energized!

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
Lillia
Legendary Laner

Get Energized!

Post by Lillia »

I thought it would be helpful if we offered our tips and advice for getting motivated and energized. We need to encourage and feed energy, both mentally and physically.

*Drink water. Many people are surprised or doubtful about this one but it works. try it out. Drink lots of water. Especially after a day or two, you will feel the increase of energy.

*Fresh air. It's really important, even in the winter, to have fresh air. I know, for me, sometimes I'm a bit cooped up in the winter months and so I merely step out into the garden for a bit and BREATH!

*Laughter. This one is very helpful! Sometimes I will find something funny on YouTube; some kind of comedy that will make me laugh, out loud. It really does perk you up. :-D

Your thoughts and advice?
ChrisG
Legendary Laner

Re: Get Energized!

Post by ChrisG »

Taking some moderate exercise - increases endophins and oxygen intake.
Chris xx

34.If someone can’t accept you at your worst, they don’t deserve you at your best
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

I drink gallons of water, I do think that it helps. I also cycle into work, the fresh air wakes me up of a morning. Plenty of exercise, I try and do at least three or four hour long CV sessions in the gym each week. Loads of fresh fruit and vegetables, I eat at least five portions per day (no Penn, I don’t count the cider). Stretches, this is becoming more important as I get older, I always do a decent set of muscle stretches after physical exercise and quite often when I get home of an evening, it definitely helps stave off the muscle aches.
Bah Humbug
Lillia
Legendary Laner

Post by Lillia »

RuthG wrote:Taking some moderate exercise - increases endophins and oxygen intake.

RuthG, this is one of the most important ones, too!
I know how hard it can be to get motivated to excercise and sometimes if we aren't good at staying commited to a routine, we just feel like giving up, altogether. A LITTLE exercise is helpful even. Stretch alot whenever you can. Don't avoid the stairs in your own house but think of using them as EXERCISE. WALK the dog, don't just take him out on a lead :-D
I sometimes stop right where I am (at home) and do a few leg bends or squats. )t'
Lillia
Legendary Laner

Post by Lillia »

saint-spoon wrote:I drink gallons of water, I do think that it helps. I also cycle into work, the fresh air wakes me up of a morning. Plenty of exercise, I try and do at least three or four hour long CV sessions in the gym each week. Loads of fresh fruit and vegetables, I eat at least five portions per day (no Penn, I don’t count the cider). Stretches, this is becoming more important as I get older, I always do a decent set of muscle stretches after physical exercise and quite often when I get home of an evening, it definitely helps stave off the muscle aches.

Good work, Saint!
Fruit is so good for you and BERRIES, of any kind, are especially energy inducing. They have powerful antioxidants that produce lots of energy.
Totally Scrambled
Site Admin

Post by Totally Scrambled »

I've just come in from outside, had a drink of water and had to go upstairs, seen the state of my hair after the wind has blown it around and had a good laugh. Haven't had any veg yet today but plan to bury something later. Think I'm on the right track :-D
Dom
Ali Woks My World
lizziedoggarden
Legendary Laner

Post by lizziedoggarden »

Totally Scrambled wrote:I've just come in from outside, had a drink of water and had to go upstairs, seen the state of my hair after the wind has blown it around and had a good laugh. Haven't had any veg yet today but plan to bury something later. Think I'm on the right track :-D
Dom

{rofwl} {rofwl} {rofwl}
Don't dream it, BE it....

Am looking forward to welcoming Sunny Clucker to Woodbridge Suffolk!!!!!
Lillia
Legendary Laner

Post by Lillia »

Totally Scrambled wrote:I've just come in from outside, had a drink of water and had to go upstairs, seen the state of my hair after the wind has blown it around and had a good laugh. Haven't had any veg yet today but plan to bury something later. Think I'm on the right track :-D
Dom

Looks like you're set for the day! :-D and I do hope you meant you're planning on buying something today and not 'bury' something {rofwl}
Lillia
Legendary Laner

Post by Lillia »

Here's a little trick that really works. Brush your teeth. Here it is afternoon and you're feeling a little worn or 'blah'....brushing your teeth is like a little shot of energy. It really is a pick-me-up. )t'
Steve the Gas

Post by Steve the Gas »

:shock:
Sunny B
Legendary Laner

Post by Sunny B »

Lillia wrote:Here's a little trick that really works. Brush your teeth. Here it is afternoon and you're feeling a little worn or 'blah'....brushing your teeth is like a little shot of energy. It really is a pick-me-up. )t'

If you've got any left to brush.... )run(
Missing my little friend Sunny Clucker
Lillia
Legendary Laner

Post by Lillia »

Sunny B wrote:
Lillia wrote:Here's a little trick that really works. Brush your teeth. Here it is afternoon and you're feeling a little worn or 'blah'....brushing your teeth is like a little shot of energy. It really is a pick-me-up. )t'

If you've got any left to brush.... )run(

)scare( {rofwl}
paddy graham
Legendary Laner

Post by paddy graham »

I,d brush my teeth if my ex-wife of twenty years ago would let me have them back,they are in Warwickshire somewhere. {cry}
When Irish eyes are smiling,they are usually up to mischief.
Lillia
Legendary Laner

Post by Lillia »

paddy graham wrote:

I,d brush my teeth if my ex-wife of twenty years ago would let me have them back,they are in Warwickshire somewhere. {cry}

{rofwl}
Sunny B
Legendary Laner

Post by Sunny B »

On a serious note, I really do like to get out in the morning with the dog, even if I don't have time for a walk I'll kick a ball around for ten minutes or so with him in a nearby field. I fell all wrong if i haven't had that kick start to the day.

I've also found yoga energising at times - relaxing at others.
Missing my little friend Sunny Clucker