Get Energized!

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
Lillia
Legendary Laner

Re: Get Energized!

Post by Lillia »

Sunny B wrote:On a serious note, I really do like to get out in the morning with the dog, even if I don't have time for a walk I'll kick a ball around for ten minutes or so with him in a nearby field. I fell all wrong if i haven't had that kick start to the day.

I've also found yoga energising at times - relaxing at others.

It's true, isn't it? That little bit of fresh air and exercise is VERY helpful!
(though, I say that's more than a little bit :-D ) That's so much better than you standing there with your arms crossed while the dog plays~ )t'
Lillia
Legendary Laner

Post by Lillia »

[center]I have to add orange juice (and oranges) here.
Not only does Vitamin C help your body absorb nutrients from OTHER foods,
It really does give you energy~

According to experts on the matter, there is definitely a link between lack of Vitamin C and Fatigue Syndrome~
Interesting, hmmm?
This should tell us how very healthy and important Vitamin C really is to us![/center]
HappyBob
Legendary Laner

Post by HappyBob »

[/quote]I,d brush my teeth if my ex-wife of twenty years ago would let me have them back,they are in Warwickshire somewhere. {cry}[/quote]

Paddy, I never knew that they could build a set of teeth that could fit two different people. :-D
Dont ever grow up, its a trap
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

Getting out walking energizes me. If I stay in my village too long I go crazy, so I get away for a few days every month, and have lots of days out the rest of the time. When I did the first long walk, 7 days, I felt dead tired, but when I did another five weeks later, I felt on top of the world and could have turned round and walked back. I am planning another long walk, a bit further this time, can't wait. Just thinking about it energises me.
Ilona
paddy graham
Legendary Laner

Post by paddy graham »

HappyBob wrote:
I,d brush my teeth if my ex-wife of twenty years ago would let me have them back,they are in Warwickshire somewhere. {cry}[/quote]

Paddy, I never knew that they could build a set of teeth that could fit two different people. :-D[/quote]
I think,apart from being petty,she wanted them to crimp the edges of her pastry.
When Irish eyes are smiling,they are usually up to mischief.
Lillia
Legendary Laner

Post by Lillia »

paddy graham wrote:
HappyBob wrote:Paddy, I never knew that they could build a set of teeth that could fit two different people. :-D

I think,apart from being petty,she wanted them to crimp the edges of her pastry.

)grin2(
Lillia
Legendary Laner

Post by Lillia »

Meanqueen wrote:Getting out walking energizes me. If I stay in my village too long I go crazy, so I get away for a few days every month, and have lots of days out the rest of the time. When I did the first long walk, 7 days, I felt dead tired, but when I did another five weeks later, I felt on top of the world and could have turned round and walked back. I am planning another long walk, a bit further this time, can't wait. Just thinking about it energises me.
Ilona

Good for you, Ilona...I know one reason I get in a slump sometimes is because I stay inside so much in the winter. )sh
HappyBob
Legendary Laner

Post by HappyBob »

paddy graham wrote:
HappyBob wrote:
I,d brush my teeth if my ex-wife of twenty years ago would let me have them back,they are in Warwickshire somewhere. {cry}

Paddy, I never knew that they could build a set of teeth that could fit two different people. :-D[/quote]

I think,apart from being petty,she wanted them to crimp the edges of her pastry.[/quote]

HaHa I,ve got an image of a scene from Steptoe and Son in my mind now Paddy :-D
Dont ever grow up, its a trap
Lillia
Legendary Laner

Post by Lillia »

I have to add music to this. Put music on! IT HELPS! :-D
You know, it doesn't even have to have a fast beat...if it's someting that feels good to your heart, soul or ears, it really does energize!!! )t'
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

My energy levels are rubbish, diabetes has a lot to answer for, but I try to take my dog out every day for a short walk. Our computer is upstairs, so there are many trips a day to go on the Lane. Just read about cleaning teeth, not tried that one yet, and I do find that sorting my girls out gives me a huge energy lift.
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

Mine are`nt too good either Spreckly, I have COPD and I do get very weary and if I do to much one day pay for it next day. I have to start doing my exercises again which should help with the breathing and should also be looking at the food I eat. I do try to do as much as I can to stay energised but could `do better '
Americanlady
Lively Laner

Post by Americanlady »

Vitamin D3. My doctor put me on them about a year ago. It seem when people pass the age 50 mark, they are often deficient in this vitamin. It helps in the energy department plus gives you the same advantage of spending time in the sun. It's not a substitute for getting outside, but supplements the benefits. I know I feel better since I began taking them on a daily basis.
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

mrs boodles wrote:Mine are`nt too good either Spreckly, I have COPD and I do get very weary and if I do to much one day pay for it next day. I have to start doing my exercises again which should help with the breathing and should also be looking at the food I eat. I do try to do as much as I can to stay energised but could `do better '

OH has COPD, result of working as a joiner, and not wearing masks in the days when no-one thought it necessary.

I have been buying satsumas since before Christmas, the ones from A....di have been so sweet and easy to peel. Got some from Te...os, they were really difficult to peel, and so very sour, I could only eat them with a little sugar (not good for diabetics). So several satsumas were piling up in the fruit bowl, and reading Lillia's post about orange juice, I decided to use my juicer which has been in a top cupboard for several years. The thought of cleaning it all off and reading the instructions daunted me, until I remembered the lemon squeezer. Much easier, and I squeezed two satsumas last night, and had two this morning as a lovely drink.