Post by Sunny B »

HappyBob wrote: dipping tomatoes in your tea cant taste very nice. :-D

yike* sile}
Missing my little friend Sunny Clucker
Mercedes
Legendary Laner

Re: Cholesterol

Post by Mercedes »

I doubt that the GP would let me have the test done again. I would imagine they think a proper fasting test is far more accurate than a home test and perhaps they are right. Maybe it's been higher than it should be for years but I just didn't know.
Lyn

Post by Benny&Co »

Hopefully with a few adjustments to your diet and you'll be right Mercey Lyn )t'

I would have thought the GP would want to retest after a month or so to keep an eye on you? >dum<
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
Mercedes
Legendary Laner

Post by Mercedes »

Benny&Co wrote:Hopefully with a few adjustments to your diet and you'll be right Mercey Lyn )t'

I would have thought the GP would want to retest after a month or so to keep an eye on you? >dum<

I am going to get one done again at Sainsbury's on Saturday as they are doing them for free. Have booked in OH too :-D
Lyn

Post by Benny&Co »

Good for you )t'
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
Mercedes
Legendary Laner

Post by Mercedes »

I went to Sainsbury's this morning and my total cholesterol reading is 5.09, HDL 1.62 and my ratio reading is 3.1. OH had his done too and his total cholesterol reading is 5.81, HDL 0.92 and ratio reading 6.3. So one of my results must be wrong. We both fasted for this test, even though it wasn't essential and the girl at Sainsbury's said we are both fine. I will carry on eating less fat though, just in case {rofwl}
Lyn
Legendary Laner

Post by madmum »

Keep up the lower fat regime and get it retested in a months time )t'
If you always do what you always do ,you will always get what you have always got!
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Mercedes, I have just read your post. My diabetic nurse recommended the cholesterol reducing drinks from Aldi or Lidl, much cheaper than the Benecol and Activia ones. At first the results were good, but I think I have not been too careful with my food, and the last test was up again. Statins made me unwell, so I have had to come off them.

Hope you get sorted.
Mercedes
Legendary Laner

Post by Mercedes »

I am still being very good. Not had one biscuit, crisp, cake or pudding at all. Have had one portion of oven chips, but I think you need some nice foods or life would be boring :-D

Our evening snack now consists of an apple, a few silver cocktail onions, a couple of olives, cherry tomatoes and one of those low fat dutch crisp bake things. We used to be a bit naughty in the evenings and have Pringles or Doritos, which I am sure are much higher in fat.
Lyn